One Side of the Story (part 1)

A/N: Whooooo'ssssss ready for some angst?????

Because I know I'm not.

Anywho, this one-shot will be a two parter. Regina and Robin were married for ten years, the first nine years were full of love and fun with the occasional bump as every relationship does. But the tenth was full of fighting and anger. Full of lies and heartbreak. They end up getting a divorce. This one shot takes place three years after they divorced and will show two sides of the same story.

*Both parts take place on the same night in different places*

=£=

Her heels clicked against the marvel floor of her apartment building. Tiredness taking over her body, making her movements sedated as she pressed the elevator button. The all nighters she had been pulling at work lately were starting to take a toll on her body.

With a soft ding the elevator opened and she stepped on, briefcase in hand as she pressed the 23rd floor. From her preferable vision she could see herself in the reflective walls of the elevator. Her chic black pencil skirt, black blazed, and blood red blouse ruffled ever so slightly. Although, she didn't mind at the moment, it was almost 2 am she doubted anyone would see her. Even if they did, it would be a poor soul to tired to notice through their sleep deprived eyes.

Just as the elevator door started to close a slender body slipped in, guitar case strapped to his bad.

"Hi Regina." An oddly energetic voice peeps.

She turns to see the collage student who lived a floor below her: David. His parents were awfully rich and paying his rent in this building. She knew he was studying to become a veterinarian, but he spent most nights in a studio playing the guitar. She only knew him from their quick chats in the elevator and when he'd come up to her apartment to ask for sugar or flour- however judging from the trash she'd seen in his garbage when he took it out she doubted he actually used it.

"You look good." He commented, a slight blush coming to his cheeks. Regina smiles slightly, he had a thing for her- This she knew. Although nothing would ever happened between the two, after all he was barely twenty and she was thirty-two. However, it was nice to get a compliment from someone every once and awhile.

"Thank you."

They remained in silence for a moment before he opened his mouth once again. "I was just at the studio, on my way home from work I had this idea for a song and- and I just had to get it out. You felt that way? Like you're just so inspired that you just have to get it off your chest?"

A dry chuckle tumbles from her crimson lips, "Not anymore." Regina says softly, her tone masking the ache in her chest.

"Oh."

The elevator sounded once more, signaling it was her time to get off. "Goodbye David, have a nice night." She smiles tiredly. His cheeks flushed darker as the silver doors closed. "Goodnight Regina!" He manages to sputter out just before they shut.

Regina laughs lightly to herself as she makes her way to her apartment. The golden '108' glinting with a cold and lonely gleam. She sighed as she unlocks the door, clicking quietly. Using her shoulder to push the white door open as she turns the cool knob.

Regina stumbles slightly as she walks in, gazes at the cold and lifeless apartment she tried to avoid at all costs. An hollow exhale slips past her lips as she walks farther into her lonely house. She fumbled around for the light switch as she entered the living room. Grunting in disapproval as the orange glow blinded her temporarily, causing her to squint.