One Side of the Story (part 2)

A/N: I am so proud of myself, actually updating more than once a year.

Robin's view of that same night.

=£=

Rays of sunlight peeked through the curtains, revealing a sunny morning daze. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly as he feels her on top of him, her hands running over his chest.

Slowly his eyes peeled open to look at his lovely wife. One of his hands coming to rest on her hip while the other ran through her silky locks.

"I missed you." She whispered, her head dipping down so she could press a gently kiss to his lips. Her voice was still husky from sleep, making her words resonate in the back of her throat. Her olive skin free of makeup and her ravenous locks unbrushed and messy. She wore only one of his old shirts for pajamas.

"And I you." He says though his own voice was still thick with sleep, rough and horse.

"Two weeks is too long to be away from you." She whines, leaning forward so her ear rested against his chest as her arms wrap around him. "I know, love, but I had to go. Work needed me there. You have another full three weeks with me before I go back." He points out, his hand running over her back.

"Not long enough." She whispers. Her weight suddenly vanishing from his chest. "Regina?" He calls, his brow furrowing as he sat up. His wife nowhere to be found. His confused expression only deepening as her stuff started to disappear from their room. Her heels that she had kicked of the night before, the pictures of her, and the color of the room vanishing one by one.

He threw his feet over the side of the bed and stood. "Regina?" He calls As soon as his bare feet touched the cold wood of their bedroom floor he felt as if he was falling, his vision going dark.

Robin shot up from bed, sweat drenching the collar of his shirt. His heart pounded in his chest as his mind registered the dream. The nightmare. It often came to him when he found himself missing her. Reminding him of the fatal crack in their marriage that destabilized the whole foundation.

A hollow groan rumbled through the back of his throat as he stood from the bed. His back arching at he stretched, cracking tiredly. He gave the digital clock on his side table a quick glance. The red letters reading '2:34'

Great.

Robin shook his head and staggered into the kitchen, his body only clad in a grey tee and a pair of plaid boxers. Goosebumps forming on his arms and legs from the sudden cold of the night time breeze that echoed through his house.

A normal person would have gotten a glass of water and gone back to bed. But, then again a that person wouldn't be suffering from heartbreak. He grunts as he reaches into the top cabinet above the oven, grasping a bottle of 1792 bourbon. A bottle they'd gotten from their seventh wedding anniversary e'd gotten in the divorce- or rather stole.

He snatched a glass cup from the drying rack and plopped two cubes of ice in it before pouring the alcoholic beverage. The ice cracked as the liquid poured over it, filling  it less than half way.

He capped the bourbon and pushed it away, grabbing the glass he had just poured and moved to the living room. All lights in the house still off as he sat on the couch, the moon giving his eyes all the light they needed.

The entire house lacked a feminine touch. His decor was minimum and the furniture was old and brown. It looked as if he'd just through whatever he had together and called it a style. In front of him sat a wooden table with drawers on either side. He took a spot of his drink before reaching out and opening the small drawer on the far right.

His large hands pulling out a wooden picture frame. The moonlight illuminating the picture perfectly. Her dark locks tumbling over her face as her hand covered her mouth: Laughing. Her brown orbs sparkled as her looked at something behind the camera.

Robin couldn't remember what it was she was looking at but he could still hear her laughter. He had that type of smile that made you smile, and that type of laugh that made your head spin and your stomach flip.

His chest stung with a empty pain as he looked at the photo, longing to be there with her again.

A sad smile tugged at the corner of his lips. He kept this picture hidden from sight, only for him to see. Of course when a nosy guest did snoop their way into it he'd take it from their hands and say something along the lines of 'I forgot that was there.' The throw it behind him onto the couch as if he didn't care. Secretly wincing when he heard it slap against the leather of the couch. Hoping it didn't break.

Robin set the picture down on the table, looking at it as he leaned back in his seat.

His blue eyes locking with hers making his stomach churn with a sickening sadness. The type of sadness that made you feel as if you might vomit. The type that made you feel as if your chest had been entirely scraped free of organs yet like someone sat a ten ton weight on it.

Robin's jaw clenched as he felt his core tighten with anger. The type of anger one only gets when they are missing someone. It wrapped its way around his heart and coiled through his stomach. Boiling up inside him until it completely consumed him, making his fists ball  and his arms flex.

He stood and started pacing, back and forth back and forth. Passing his picture over a thousand times. Each time he passed, he glanced at it. Making the vine of fury wrapped around him tighten, like an anaconda. Crushing his lungs and squeezing his heart.

He took another sip of his drink, growling slightly as it burned his throat. His pacing stopped and his avoiding the picture, only causing him more anger.

Before Robin could truly process what was happening his fist was launching forward as an angry yell broke from his lips. Vibrating from the back of his throat as he threw his glass cup at the white wall, causing it to shatter loudly.

He stood there for a moment, his chest rising and falling heavily as he let out ragged breaths. His chest hallow as his blue orbs falling on the picture one last time. Causing his knees to go weak, collapsing between the couch and the coffee table.

His hands running through his sandy blonde hair as his anger was replaced with depression, loneliness. Salty tears blurring his vision as they built up, trickling down his cheeks. He gasped for air through his sobs, the air shedding his lungs like a hundred knives.

He could lie to other, he could trick his friends, he could even make himself believe that he was over her. However, when those lonely nights came his world came crashing down and all the lies melted away. She was gone, and he was not okay.

She was happy and he was still hurting.

She moved on and she took his heart with her.

=£=

A/N: Don't you just love pain?

Little over view because I realized I didn't explain it that well. Their relationship started to fall apart because Robin's job took him away for long periods of times. While he was gone Regina became close friends with Killian Jones, an ex Navy officer. Although nothing would ever happen between the two, he became jealous that she was spending so much time with another male. Thus the seed of mistrust sprouted. While Regina was upset because she never saw him and he was always around his assistant: Another woman. She followed him everywhere they went. While they both knew the other would never cheat the jealously was too much, it lead to theirs constant fighting and in the end is the reason that broke up. Even though they both still love each other.