In the Dark of the Night (Part: 2)

A/N: Hello!

Part 2 takes place five years later, the kingdom is thriving under Regina's rule and the people love and respect her. Their hate for The deceased King and is family/ the royals still thriving in their skin. That fateful night came to be known as the "Fortnight Massacre" because the common folk strung up the corpses of the royals in the town square and kept them their for two weeks; Spitting on the rotting carcasses  and cursing their souls.

Regina's not the "Evil" Queen persay, she's more of a "Fuck with me or my kingdom and I'll slit your throat" and a "I get what the fuck I want" kind of Queen.

I apologize in advance if this is shit.

=&=

The dark liquid slips across her lid, extending outwards like an extension of her lash line; This action not only making her eyes look bigger but also darker. Her brown orbs flicker slightly as she blinks rapidly to dry the dark fluid. A sweet tune humming in her throat as she applies the last touches of her makeup.

The mirror before her reflecting her image. Her complexion now a healthy and glowing olive instead of the deathlike pale that once haunted her hallowed out cheeks. Her appetite had returned after watching her abuser finally fall, so her body had filled out once again; Her cheeks where plump and her stomach no longer indented.

A small smile hanging on her lips as she looks at her reflection, admiring her handy work. The heavy door to her chambers creak open, allowing two masked knights slink in. Remove their helmets to reveal their faces; One had long-ish blonde hair and green eyes while the other had short brown hair and blue eyes. The tune she hummed stopped as she looks at their solemn expressions, a hint of anger pulsating behind their eyes.

"What is it?" Regina asks, looking at them through the mirror.

The blonde one steps forward and speaks through slightly gritted teeth, "It appears that something has come up... About The Fortnight Massacre." He says vaguely. Regina's body tenses as she stands from her chair and turns to face her black knights. "What." It was not a question, no, it was a demand.

"Snow White." The blue eyed man blurts from behind, "She's alive and she's building an army."

His words hitting Regina like a bull; stamping on her until she felt as if she could not breath. That once sedated disgust that she kept coiled up within her, buried deep, came slithering out. Awakening a hurricane of residual emotions that once laid dormant in the depths of her blacked heart.

In one swift movement she lurches forward grabbing the dark haired man by the jaw. Her face hovering dangerously close to his. Anger throbbing in her eyes like a dark shadow lurks in the night. He quivered under her touch, feeling the sense of intimate danger wash upon him. "Find her and bring her to me." Regina snarls before shoving him backwards slightly. Dismissing the men with a wave of her hand.

Regina's hands slam against the dark wood of her vanity, a frustrated scream ripping from her throat. Her fingers curling inwards so her nails dig into her palms, her fists balling so hard that her nails draw blood. Vexation crawling under her skin; Her head rolling on her shoulder in discomfort, she could almost feel the hatred slinking under her epidermis.  

Her brown orbs, darkened with rage, flicker from the wood of her desk to the reflective surface of the mirror. "Show her to me." she growls. The silver surface ripples like melted metal, her own reflection vanishing and the image of the raven haired girl, her complexion as pale as ever. Her cheeks rosy as she smiles at a mousy haired man, talking to him with a love struck look in her eyes. Pique bubbles in Regina's core as she glares at the image.

"What are you going to do?" The irritating voice that plagued her mirror spoke from behind the image.

"Once upon a time I tossed and turned in the night nightmares marring my sleep." Regina spoke softly. Murder hidden in her tone. "The nightmares I had were as bad as can be- they scared me out of my wits - A corpse falling to bits. And when Then I opened my eyes? I realized the nightmare was me. What I had become after his corrupting touch bedeviled my body." Her jaw clenches ans she pushes herself off of her vanity, beginning to pace the stone floor of her chambers. The image of Snow white still in her sight; Making her blood boil.

"I was once an innocent girl. Until he forced himself upon me, taking everything I had without a second thought. The monarchs turning their eye and snickering at my abuse- When the royals betrayed me they made a mistake." Regina says through gritted teeth, her hands still balled at her sides.

A demonic giggle spilling from Regina's red lips, "My curse made each of them pay!" But her smile quickly fades. "But-" She barked, "One little girl got away!Little Snow, beware, Regina's aware."

Regina's pacing stops instead she presses her back to the cold stone of her bedroom walls. "In the dark of the night evil will find her, just before dawn!" Her angular hands clasping in the center of her chest, curling around the neckline of her dark dress; The fabric clutched in her grasp. "Revenge will be sweet when the curse is complete!" She hums, her head tipping back slightly as a smile slips onto her lips. The image of Snow's beheading painted in her imagination.

Her grin fades into a snarl as she catches a gimps of the naive young girl talking to her lover. "When night falls she'll be gone. I can already feel the grit of her head crushed in my palms-" Regina spins and grasps the cold handle of her door, swinging it open, "Ready my carriage!" She shouts at the knights that guarded her sleeping chambers. This was all she said before slamming the door shut and twirling around.

"When the Pieces fall into place, I'll see her crawl into place." Regina cackles. "Do Svidaniya, Snow, Your Grace! Farewell..." She Feels a sensation of giddiness as her plan starts to come together. She might not know where little Snow was but she did know where someone dear and near to her lived. And, if Snow wanted her old nanny to keep breathing she would have to come to her.

Regina's head tips back in laughter and her arms stretch outwards in opposite directions. She spins on the balls of her feet in an almost celebratory manor. After all these years she would get to see the young princesses finally fall. "In the dark of the night terror will strike her! I will make sure, because terror is  the least I can do. Evil will brew and soon she will feel that her nightmares are real." She chuckles at the thought
"Evil will find her-" Regina had meant it as a joke, referring to herself as evil but an idea popped into her head. Her fingers snap and her spell book floats in front of her,magically flipping to the page she needed. Rebel locks of her ebony hair falls into her face as malicious grin flaring on her crimson lips. If Snow didn't take the bate and come to her she would simply just have to find her camp and burn it to the ground.

"My dear, take this as a sign, It's the end of the line."

"Parva ad me surgens ex somno ac speculetur mihi in salutem." Regina hums her spell, watching with glee as the ghosts of small children begin to appear like smoke.  The souls of children who committed the cruelest of acts, giggling and dancing around her. Now a slave to her command.

"Come my children." Regina says in a soft tone. Her words making the kids crowed around her listing intensely for their mission. "I need you to spy my prey, show me where she hides. The children nod in understanding, filling into a single-file line and marching towards the balcony. Regina watches as the young ones march straight off of her balcony before appearing to fall to their doom, vanishing before they hit the ground; Off to find their target. Saluting her before they fall.
Regina claps her hands under her chin, a psychotic smile playing on her lips, "She'll be mine."

=&=

A/N: I hope you enjoyed even though it was shit. Also maybe part three?

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote!