(Obi-Wan Kenobi X Reader) "Thank you..."

"M'lady, the Republic's representative has arrived," said the handmaiden, Ri Johl, as she slowly entered Duchess (Y/N) (L/N)'s room. The Duchess sighed and turned to follow her to the entrance of the palace, knowing that she was not in any way prepared for negotiations. In the wake of the tragedy which had rattled her homeworld, (Y/N) knew that her only option was to get help for her people. The help, of course, could only be given by the one group which had reigned over the galaxy for thousands of years; the Republic.

"Thank you, Ri. Not just for, well, this, but also for understanding my pain and respecting that," said (Y/N) as she and her handmaiden walked side by side. Ri smiled assuringly and placed her hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder, the simple gesture speaking volumes that successfully eased the Duchess.

It was the first time in days that (Y/N)'s mind had settled, as the wound caused by her parents murders at the hands of Death Watch had not even begun the process of healing since she had aquired it.

The late Duchess Satine and her husband, the now-former Duke Zus, had been giving a speech to their people in the center of Mandalore's largest, most populated city when the event was ambushed and cut short by merciless Death Watch members. The two leaders of the planet that had been so desperate for neutrality had been taken back to wherever the terrorist organization was based and had been executed mercilessly while their deaths were broadcasted to the entire system.

"You're next, (Y/N). Or should I say...Duchess (Y/N)," the supposed leader of Death Watch had laughed horribly before the broadcast ended. (Y/N), however, was left in complete shock after watching the deaths of her beloved parents. Both of their last words having been, "I love you, (Y/N)."

However, Satine had said more than just that. In Mandalorian, just seconds before she was executed, she had whispered, "Find Obi-Wan Kenobi."

(Y/N), after having been inducted as Mandalore's new leader, immediately began her search for this Kenobi fellow. After having little to no luck searching the databases of the entire Mandalore system, she questioned everyone that she could find who had known her mother personally. Eventually, she heard that Obi-Wan Kenobi was supposedly a member of the Jedi Order, (Y/N) immediately sent word to the Galactic Republic, requesting that she meet with this Jedi.

That had been only two days before, and now he had arrived.

Stepping out into the sunlight -again, for the first time in days- (Y/N) spotted a very handsome man with a lightsaber hanging off to the side on his belt. (Y/N) blushed and looked away, causing Ri to giggle quietly.

"Hush, Ri!" (Y/N) laughed. Ri only shook her head as the two continued to approach the Jedi known as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"You must admit that he's handsome, (Y/N). There's no denying that!" Ri whispered, causing (Y/N) to blush even more.

"Stop it, Ri! I hear that Jedi can sense emotions. And, even if for whatever reason his senses are clouded, anyone can see this ridiculous blush on my face!" This only caused Ri to smirk and begin humming a well-known love song quietly.

The two stopped just feet in front of the Jedi, and Kenobi turned and smiled, causing (Y/N)'s stomach to flip.

"Duchess! It's a pleasure to finally be meeting you," said the Jedi as he kissed (Y/N)'s hand gently.

"Y-yes, Mr. Kenobi...a p-pleasure it certainly is," (Y/N) responded nervously. Obi-Wan laughed.

"Please, my dear. My name is Obi-Wan," he said, still grinning.

"Well then, Obi-Wan. Allow me to give you the rarely-granted pleasure of referring to me as (Y/N). It really is QUITE the time-saver," (Y/N) replied, picking up on this flirtatious game of formal speech. Ri simply watched from the sidelines and giggled as quietly as she possibly could.