(Obi-Wan Kenobi X Reader) What Could've Been Part 1

For DarkWo1f16

Twenty-three years.

It had been twenty-three years since the last time that (Y/N) (L/N) had said goodbye to Obi-Wan Kenobi. They must've been about twelve years old when they'd been introduced to their new masters. That was the last time that they had seen each other.

And now they were reuniting for a mission that the Jedi Council had assigned to both of them.

At first (Y/N) wasn't very fazed by it. Her padawan, a fifteen year-old male Twi'lek named Cacloda, was excited to be working with a Jedi as famous as Obi-Wan, which (Y/N) found slightly amusing. Cacloda's pale green skin was even paler under the bright sunlight as they awaited the arrival of Kenobi from his last assignment, and his deep brown eyes were shining with pride and excitement.

"Now remember, Cacloda, you are not to brag about your mission with Master Kenobi. You may speak about it if you are asked to, but otherwise try to contain your pride," (Y/N) said.

Cacloda smirked and turned towards his master, saying, "I would never brag! I'm a thousand times more humble than the other padawans!"

(Y/N) placed a hand on her padawan's shoulder. "Remember Cacloda, we're looking for a dangerous fugitive. I know that you're prone to getting over confident, but this time doing so could cost you dearly."

Cacloda smiled smugly and said, "Master, being subtle is my specialty! Boraa Maana won't know what hit him!"

Before (Y/N) could reply, their conversation was interrupted by the sound of an approaching ship; Kenobi.

Cacloda turned once again to (Y/N) and asked quickly, "Is it true that you used to be his best friend?!"

"I-" (Y/N) began, but was cut short by the ship landing slowly and Obi-Wan exiting onto the platform.

"Master Kenobi," (Y/N) greeted, smiling. It was true that at one time they had been close...(Y/N) had even nearly developed feelings for him. However, that was all in the past.

Besides, it was forbidden for Jedi to form attachments.

Obi-Wan approached (Y/N) and Cacloda with a polite smile on his face. (Y/N), however, sensed conflict within his mind. (Y/N) sighed as she realized that Cacloda would sense it too if he wasn't so overwhelmingly smug about his mission.

"Master Kenobi, it's an honor to be serving with you!" Cacloda said excitedly. Obi-Wan laughed and placed a hand on the young Jedi's shoulder reassuringly.

"Who might you be?" Obi-Wan asked.

"This is my Padawan, Cacloda," (Y/N) answered for him. Obi-Wan turned to her, and (Y/N) was hit with a wave of conflict coming from him through the force.

Obi-Wan approached her and reached out to shake her hand. (Y/N) whispered to him, "What is wrong with you?"

"Whatever do you mean?" Obi-Wan asked innocently. (Y/N) sighed. Obi-Wan knew what she was talking about, but he was too stubborn to admit it.

The group stood in silence. Cacloda was bouncing on his heels, which Obi-Wan very loudly laughed about. (Y/N) rolled her eyes.