(Cade Bane X Reader) Insignificant PART 2

For cherryjammyjams

She never did forget Cad Bane;

Not when she saw her closest friend among the Jedi, the one whom she trusted the most, shot down mercilessly by one of Bane's close associates. Bane was not present at the time of the murder, but she could not look him in the eyes when he arrived to pick up his acquaintance. She could sense his deep red eyes on her form as he fled the scene, not bothering to so much as mutter a word;

Not when she was forced to watch helplessly as Bane himself attempted to kill her former padawan, nearly succeeding. Her heart had refused to beat during those horrible mere minutes; her blood had ceased to flow as the bullet grazed her bygone apprentice's side, his cry of pain deafening;

Especially not on her final mission to bring the bounty hunter and his business associates to justice, during which her clone commander had ordered his battalion to turn their weapons on her. The sudden insatiable thirst to kill radiated from them through the force, hitting her stronger than any blows dealt by her clones. Commander Staack had been the first to shoot, his bullet being followed shortly by those of Ghost and Delight. She had trusted all of them and had even thought of them as friends; now they were trying to kill her.

Cad Bane had been a witness to the whole ordeal; he watched, seemingly impassive, from his perch atop a building. She had glanced up at him, a disbelieving look drawn on her features. He did nothing as she deflected the bullets that were meant to strike her down, and his expression did not change as she silently begged him for help. Ever since he had saved her life, she had felt their connection; it was the strongest bond that she had ever had, and in spite of the Jedi Code and all that she stood for, she had admitted to herself that she was attached to him. Now here he was, sitting idly by as she fought desperately for her life. Her heart was no longer in one piece.

She had leapt into her speeder and left the system immediately, her mind racing as she attempted vainly to register what she had just been subjected to. She could not stop the tears from flowing as she received distress calls through the force, alerting her to the fact that she was not the only Jedi whose troops had turned on. It seemed as though as she tried desperately to contact them that she was one of the only Jedi to survive the ambush; the realization brought her already fragmented heart to shatter once again.

Her time had come, and it had arrived so abruptly that nothing could be done to stop it.

· · ·

(Y/N) (L/N), as usual, was in trouble.

She huffed as the guards tossed her carelessly in front of the platform where she would face the consequences for her actions. Their intrusion had put the party at a temporary standstill, the silence unwavering until the crowd was ordered to go about their business. Satisfied, the guards turned to make their exit. For good measure, one even felt it necessary to give (Y/N) a solid kick to her side; she knew not to expect much hospitality from the Hutt Clan, however she had been forgiven before- why would now be any different?

Of course this time, Gardulla was not in a forgiving mood. 

Gardulla Besadii the Elder, in spite of being fully aware of (Y/N)'s status as an exiled Jedi Master, had agreed without much hesitation to take her on as an employee shortly after the birth of the Galactic Empire. The Hutt had instructed (Y/N) to begin again as a personal servant, which had mostly entailed running around and delivering messages within Gardulla's own home. She had been smart enough not to allow (Y/N) to step outside for quite some time, knowing that the galaxy would still be enamored by the recent order to execute the Jedi. Once a few years had passed and the Empire had shifted its focus towards other aspects of ruling the galaxy, Gardulla felt secure enough to let (Y/N) run errands for her in the areas that saw more illicit activity than most. Once she had seen that no one wanted to have anything to do with the Empire, even if it meant receiving a generous sum for the capture of a Jedi, the Hutt had no qualms whatsoever about allowing (Y/N) to spend as much time outside as she pleased. She had even been bold enough to send (Y/N) to Bespin to retrieve an order of hers.