(Keeli X Reader) Falling PART 1

For PhoenixWolf480

"...and now following the removal of Count Dooku from the Separatist Alliance, we would like to extend an offer of peace to the Galactic Republic."

The senate whispered among themselves, their shock from the prior statement being their main topic of conversation. They were clearly wary of accepting this offer, as never before had the Separatists been so open to negotiation. While it seemed that most senators were more than willing to agree to the terms of peace, some appeared as though they had no intention of doing any such thing.

"What makes you think we will believe you so easily?" Senator Orn Free Taa demanded challengingly. The other senators' uproarious cries echoing his inquiry soon overwhelmed the building.

Senator Padmé Amidala sighed and retreated back to her Jedi escort for the day, as Anakin Skywalker had been unavailable at the time that the meeting was called. She knew that the Jedi could sense many impossible things, and so it was her hope that the truth behind this proposition would be one of them.

"You know that I am not one to shy away from hopes of peace, but this does seem very sudden. Even with the confirmed death of the count to back his claim, how can we trust him?" Senator Amidala asked in a hushed tone. Her escort, who had introduced herself as Master (Y/N) (L/N), simply shook her head.

"There is so much that's clouding my senses right now that I couldn't read into it if I tried, senator."

Senator Amidala smiled sadly and nodded in understanding. As she returned to her original position, the Separatist representative began once again;

"We understand that many acts of violence have been committed in our name, and we are willing to negotiate the sentences for such. That is, if the Republic Senate will agree to a peaceful resolution to this war?"

"I propose that we vote immediately rather than continue to wage war on one another over the cause that we swore to work towards in unity," Senator Bail Organa said, finality in his voice. The room fell silent as he looked out at the large gathering of his fellows, his stoic gaze silently daring anyone to challenge him. To the relief of Senator Amidala and Master (L/N), no one did.

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine nodded to Senator Organa before turning to address the rest of the Galactic Senate. "Does everyone agree with this notion?"

Without awaiting a response, the chancellor began pressing buttons on the screen in front of him, and moments later the voting form popped up in front of all of the senators present. They looked back and forth between each other as if weighing their options. (Y/N) watched as Senator Amidala, without hesitation, voted to accept the Separatist's terms of surrender. The senator then proceeded to watch her conflicted peers stare at their own screens with lost expressions. She scoffed and retreated to (Y/N)'s side.

"I can't believe this. We've worked tirelessly for peace since this war started, and here we are delaying such a peaceful conclusion as the one presented to us! What happened to liberating the galaxy?"

(Y/N) looked at the senator sadly. "I thought you of all people would know that many senators have been turning profits from the conflict. Not to mention that I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had debated switching sides over the past few years."

Senator Amidala returned the hopeless expression. "I just thought that once we had the opportunity to see peace once again, the desire for freedom would be stronger than any want for money."

"We can only hope that you're right, senator."

At last, the chancellor announced that the votes were in the process of being counted. In those moments it seemed that the entire galaxy was holding its breath. The air itself had ceased to flow, and everyone who attempted to speak found their voices dying in their throats.