(Obi-Wan Kenobi X Reader) What Could've Been Part 2

For DarkWo1f16

"Wanna buy some death sticks?"

(Y/N) (L/N) sighed as the Balosar male once again thrust his merchandise into her face, begging her to buy even a fraction of the drug. He had been chasing her and Obi-Wan ever since they had arrived in the city where they had been promised with Cacloda's return, and Master Kenobi's expression made it clear that the Jedi was rapidly losing patience.

"You do not want to sell us any death sticks," Obi-Wan said as he waved his hand out in front of the slythmonger. Within an instant the Balosar was shaking his head as the mind trick took full effect. With a dazed look in his eyes, he slithered his way into the crowd.

"And not a moment too soon," Obi-Wan commented as he and (Y/N) returned their attention back to their task. He showed (Y/N) his datapad, allowing her to see that they were nearing the coordinates that had been provided to them by Cacloda's captor. She subconsciously placed a tighter grip around the hilt of her saber that she had been clutching as a means of searching for comfort.

Obi-Wan wasted no time in preparing the ship to start heading towards the destination that they had been provided to make the exchange. During their journey, thoughts of true nature of the situation had made themselves comfortable in (Y/N)'s mind. How terribly coincidental it was that Cacloda had been captured by the very same fugitive that they had been assigned to collect in the first place was what her mind had fixated on. There was also a sense of confusion that she couldn't shake. Why had Maana kidnapped Cacloda in the first place? Was he really that desperate for credits? It wasn't until the ship landed a good distance from the outskirts of the city that she was relieved of her worry, as she knew that she and Obi-Wan were closer to rescuing her padawan.

"We have to be ready to fight. My guess is he's not working alone, so we need to prepare for an ambush," (Y/N) commented as they neared the landing pad that Maana had asked to meet them in. Obi-Wan hummed his agreement. 

(Y/N) noticed as the two made their way closer to the coordinates that a darkness seemed to overcast the area. Lights and voices gradually faded away as they pressed on, and soon they found themselves in a very poorly-lit area with little to no vendors. The large crowd of shoppers had dispersed long ago, however it wasn't until they were completely isolated that they began to feel anxiety rising in their hearts.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," (Y/N) said.

"Don't you always?" Obi-Wan bantered. 

Before she could express her concerns any further, the sound of a loud thud traveled through the air. The Jedi leapt into action, igniting their sabers and scanning the surrounding area for the source of the sound. A few moments passed when Obi-Wan sighed and he deactivated his saber.

"That could've been an animal... (Y/N), I don't think it's your padawan-"

A cry of pain suddenly echoed through the streets, and both Jedi immediately took off in search of the owner of the distressed voice. (Y/N) made a sharp turn as she bolted into an alleyway, her focus only wavering when the sight of movement out of the corner of her eye momentarily caught her attention. She looked up and saw that Obi-Wan had made his way onto the roof of the building to her right. While his move would make it easier to spot anything out of the ordinary, it would also certainly make him an easier target were they being pursued. 

Suddenly, Obi-Wan stopped. (Y/N) took the opportunity to use the force to propel herself onto the rooftop. She instantly began searching for whatever had made the Jedi Master stop so soon into their chase, and it wasn't long before she found it.