(Captain Rex X Reader) Of Names and Masks

For KittyKatBlack2365

(Y/N), unrecognizable in her clone trooper armor, waited silently as the gunship that she stood in descended towards the surface of the world beneath her. She had been instructed to join the ranks of the 501st Battalion, which she had been told was having the most problems recently. The Jedi General that they served under, Anakin Skywalker, had already been informed of the plan, and he was more than willing to go along with it. It made (Y/N) feel slightly better that at least one person knew her secret, but nonetheless, she was anxious.

She had been assigned by the Jedi Council to infiltrate the clone army in order to discover what the troopers really thought of their duties, and to find out if there was anything that they all agreed the Republic should be going about doing differently. The Jedi Council had only assigned her this task yesterday, and so she was still rather unprepared for what it entailed. All that she could do was trust in the force and her own abilities- and of course hope that she didn't get caught.

At long last, the ship stopped moving. The passengers swayed slightly as it reached the ground, but they all seemed unhurt. The doors opened at an antagonizing, slow speed, and the real clones who she had been flying with filed out hurriedly. Not knowing what else to do, (Y/N) made the quick decision to follow their lead. She walked briskly after them.

All too soon, the group stopped abruptly and saluted someone unseen by the Jedi. (Y/N) moved along until she found an adequate gap between the troopers through which she could view the same thing that they did.  Standing in front of them with his hands behind his back was Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, a stoic look drawn on his features. To his right was his padawan, Ahsoka Tano. She mimicked his expression, but had her hands placed on her hips. (Y/N) temporarily recollected standing next to her own master in such a way only a few years previously.

She finally looked to see who stood on Skywalker's left side. It was a clone outfitted in armor that signified a certain status that he held. His uniform was covered in blue markings, and seemed to be very worn out by the battles that he had engaged in over the years. His helmet, covered in many diverse distinguishing symbols, covered his head.

Skywalker stepped forward and projected loudly, "Alright men, I understand that this is your first time on the field. My name is General Skywalker, and my captain and I expect nothing less than the best from all of you. Captain Rex over here will see to it that you find your barracks, where you can rest for the night. I want all of you back here tomorrow morning at dawn. Understood?" 

"SIR! YES SIR!" the clones all said simultaneously. 

Skywalker nodded with satisfaction and lowered his voice, "At ease."

Skywalker and his padawan walked away to attend to other business, leaving Captain Rex to step forward and take charge.

"Follow me to the barracks! There you can settle in and then follow the other troopers to the mess hall."

The clones respectfully acknowledged his order and, with several whispering among themselves, followed after him as he walked in the opposite direction that the Jedi had gone in. (Y/N) moved as in sync with them as possible, trying not to raise suspicion. Thankfully she had already been forced to swallow a vocal emulator, so her usually feminine voice wouldn't be a problem. 

Increasing her speed until she was walking shoulder to shoulder with the clone nearest to her, she began the first step in her mission; improving her relations with the troopers.

"I've been waiting my whole life for this," she stated. Her voice startled her, as she was still getting used to sounding just like someone else. The clone didn't even turn to look at her.