Chapter Three

"You can sit right there Mrs. Kim." he pointed to an empty seat next to the computer in his office.

I gulped, I was nervous to see this, "Dr. Kim, I'm not sure if I can watch this." I hung my head low, I felt nauseous all of a sudden.

"Are you sure?" he asked confused by my sudden shift from wanting to see the tape, to not.

I've been switching between yes and no for a while in my head... but what I know for sure is that keeping Jimin's secret is all I care about. I mentally gave myself a pep talk and spoke up.

"It's fine, you can play it." I slowly raised my head up to meet the screen.

I closely watched as I saw myself walking into the alley. I remember I braced against the wall like I did in the video, but everything else from there was completely different. I didn't even think it was me from that point on.

I watched as whoever this was get punched and kicked all so violently by multiple people. She was being tortured by the looks of it. Jimin only appeared on screen for a split second before it cut off, but it was so quick you could barely make it out. For Jinyoung, he didn't even show up at all. It was like whatever happened to me never occurred. What the hell?

And that was it. That was end of the video. After watching it I felt even more sick to my stomach. That wasn't me, who was that?! I feel nauseous. The woman in the video appeared so distraught. Her eyes had looked like they've been pleading with her assaulters for such a long time. The sight was gruesome. I could feel tears falling to my lap as I stared at the now blank monitor. It was just horrible. 

"Mrs. Kim, I know that must have been hard for you to watch, but we'd like to know if you remember anything about the suspects." he patted my back gently, handing me a tissue.

I grabbed for it and quickly wiped my tears. I didn't know anything, this didn't happen to me.  I'm so lost and confused right now.

I blatantly lied, "I'm sorry, I don't remember anything." I kept my head low, so many thoughts were evading my mind.

"It's okay, we're all just happy your alright." he smiled.

"We?" I called out.

"Well- when the police brought this to me, initially after watching the video we had assumed you'd be in some kind of coma. But to see you ended up being alright was quite a shock, but a good one." he smiled again.

The police were obviously going to get involved into this, why did that come as such as surprise? I feel so guilty, whoever this was, they weren't going to be able to get help all because of me. Was I taking away someone's opportunity of receiving justice?

I could feel a knot building up in my throat, "Right, tha-thank you- I'll take my leave now." I bowed and walked slowly back to my room, I felt so weak. I began dragging myself along the wall until I reached my room.

"Jimin-" slowly I felt as if I fell to the floor, but instead I found myself in Jimin's arms.

"Hana?! What's wrong?" he asked worriedly feeling my forehead.

"I don't feel so well." I said slowly closing my eyes.

✎...

I woke up in the hospital bed again. Jimin was once again nowhere in sight... Jimin you better be here somewhere getting me food.

"Way ahead of you Hana." he winked as he walked in holding a tray of food.

"How often do you read my mind?" I chuckled, taking the food from his hands.

"Won't say." he smiled grabbing for one of the sandwiches off the tray.

I smiled at him, "okay, fine..." you're a loser.

"Yah!" he shouted placing his sandwich onto the tray and pinching my cheeks.

"Owwww!" I cried out.

"That's what you get!" he drifted off reaching for his sandwich again and taking a bite of it.

I just cheekily smiled looking at him. After a short while I averted my attention back to the tray of goodies. Upon noticing something I now craved, I reached for the nice bowl of warm soup. One sip and it felt like I was in heaven, it was so delicious.

"So... the video wasn't what you thought huh?" he continued biting into his food, unbothered.

My mood was completely ruined, thinking back on it made me feel sick to my stomach all over again. I almost had forgotten about what happened earlier. So he knew the video wasn't going to show anything from last night?

"Hana?" he called out again, waving his hand in front of my face.

I jumped a bit at his sudden movement "Huh? yeah I'm fine..." I continued to eat my soup slowly.

His eyes were glued on me. The room quickly fell silent afterwards. I want to ask him, I want to know if he altered or changed the footage, but how do I even ask?

"Hana, something is clearly on your mind. Tell me- you didn't even answer my question..." he finished eating and turned to me.

"The footage, how'd you... how'd you know it wouldn't have been the same?" I turned to him.

"Hana, I know how to keep myself safe. I wasn't going to let myself be exposed." he chuckled as he gently placed his hand to embrace my face.

I grabbed his hand and pulled it off of my face causing him to look at me confused and a bit hurt, "So who was the woman attacked in the video?" I turned to make eye contact.

"What does it matter Hana?" he seemed a bit irritated with my question.

"Because I want to know-" he cut me off.

"It doesn't matter who she is, do you understand me? It's not important." he seemed angry, infuriated.

"But I need to know!" I shouted at him.

He shouted back, "Why Hana!?".

I broke down a bit, "I... I feel as if I'm robbing someone of their justice. She was beaten... tortured, and for what? Was this person in that situation to just to save your ass?" I had just suddenly realized what I said as Jimin shot me a death glare, one that could break me.

"We don't speak on this anymore, do-you-hear-me?" he spoke to me if I was a child. It was starting to piss me off.

"Don't you dare talk to me as if I'm a kid-" he grabbed at my wrist, causing me to flinch.

"Hana... I'm serious." the grip on my wrist tightened.

I was disgusted with his actions, the way he was handling this was so serious. Who was that woman, and what does Jimin have to do with her? There's clearly something he's keeping from me...

I began to bite down on my lip, and my breath hitched. Tears began to slowly stream all over again. I hate that I can't handle situations like this. I always want to appear strong, but at this moment I just couldn't.

His expression softened, "Hana..." he let go of my wrist, revealing a bruise.

Just how hard was he gripping my wrist? I looked down at my wrist shocked... he's never left a bruise on me before. What's gotten into him?

"Hana- I'm so sorry." he lifted my face for us to make eye contact, "I'm seriously sorry." he caressed my wrist.

I could barely speak back to him "It's- it's fine." I gently brushed his hand away and laid down, "Jimin, can I be alone for a while?".

"Yeah..." he hesitantly kissed me on my forehead and slowly left the room.

I just laid there staring up at the ceiling, everything that happened today emotionally drained me. So many unanswered questions, so many mixed emotions...