Chapter Twenty-Four

I was so relieved to see that Jin and Jimin made up. Within the last hour they went back to being their bright selves. With Jin and Jimin getting along I thought I'd take the time to sneak away from them. I decided I'd talk to Taehyung as they hung out together in the living room. They needed the time to cool their heads, to just relax and talk casually.

I took a long silent walk to Tae's room. I was distracted and lost in thought. I wasn't really sure what to talk about or where to start. Should I even lead the conversation? It's not like it was me Tae had interacted with all those years ago, it was Chae. I don't possess any of her feelings nor her memories... how was I going to do this? Ugh!! My mind felt like it was going to explode by thinking so much.

"Hana?" a voice startled me making me lose my train of thought.

I shot my head around to see Tae standing in the middle of the hall starring at me like I was crazy or something, "Tae? Oh Great, I was actually looking for you." I let out an awkward chuckle.

"You... looking for me? Why?" he seemed quite surprised, "Are you here to tell me how much you hate me? Or I don't know, slam a door in my face again?" he laughed.

"Listen... about that, I don't necessarily hate you and I only slammed the door because I was embarrassed... your face was just in the wrong place at the wrong time." I defended myself, letting yet another awkward chuckle out.

"Right... anyway, what do you need?" he leaned his body against the hallway wall.

"Tae, I need to talk with you about Chae..." my eyes locked on to his.

He seemingly shifted from the wall, almost looking uncomfortable, "Chae? So you know about her now?" he scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah... you do realize though Tae that I'm not her?" I stood staring at him.

"Of course, but you're a reincarnation, I always believed they had some recollection of past experiences, maybe even memories, but I was clearly wrong." he looked to his feet. 

"That's why you came on to me the way that you did?".

"Yeah, I really do apologize. I shouldn't have forced myself onto you either. That was uncalled for, but honestly Hana, you share so many of her qualities, it was really hard to believe you had no recollection of the past. No recollection of her even..." his eyes panned to the floor again.

"Tae... d-do you want to talk about it? Come clean to me? Clearly you must of loved her too. Did Jimin know?" I took his cheeks in the palm of my hands, forcing our eyes to meet.

"Are you willing to listen?" his eyes seemed a little desperate.

"Of course." I smiled, "Feel free to talk away.".

Tae smiled and grabbed for my hands. He latched his fingers onto mine and dragged me out to the garden. I could only stare at my surroundings as he dragged me through some kind of maze I didn't realize the garden possessed.

After a while of walking we made it to our destination and I gasped, "Tae, this is beautiful..." my eyes scanned over everything around me. 

The scenery was like no other. The bench that sat under the night light was decorated with smerlado's and the night sky highlighted the blue hues in the beautiful flower.

Subconsciously I drifted over to the bench and sat. I continued to stare at my surroundings In awe. The place was fairly dim but everything around me was easy to make out.

"She had the same reaction." his smile appeared weak.

I snapped out of my daydream and turned to him, "I'm sorry...".

He sighed, "What are you apologizing for?" he turned to me, finding a seat on the bench.

"I don't necessarily mean to remind you of her... what if it pains you to think of her? And then here I am, practically doing things she did..." I scoffed looking towards the ground.

"It pains me a lot..." he laughed a bit, "But Hana it's been 20 years, it's okay." he smiled small.

"Is it okay to ask questions?" I raised my brow looking towards him. He nodded his head in approval.

I proceeded slowly, "How many times did you bring her here?" I smiled looking towards the flowers once again. 

"As many times as she wanted to come. This was her favorite place..." his eyes held such admiration.

My heart felt warm staring at him. I could feel his happiness. His warmth.

"Were you two just friends? I can feel the love you have for her..." I looked back towards him.

With the new question my heart felt a shift. I was no longer emulating happiness. Feelings of longing for something you can't have washed over me. You want to feel greedy, but you can't. It almost feel as if I'm tormented.

"Yeah, only friends. We weren't meant to be anything more." his eyes fell.

"You were tormented... watching them, you wanted to be in his place. You wanted her to rely on you, to be by your side rather than his." I looked towards the ground again... bingo.

He took a deep breath before speaking, "When Jinyoung attacked her the first time, I wanted to kill him. His job was to protect her from all harm and he couldn't even do that then... I wanted to protect her. To shelter her from all harm, but she never wanted to leave his side." his jaw clenched.

"She always smiled towards me, she always was there to calm my nerves, she always lent out her hand... but I took her kind heart as her having some kind of feelings for me other than our seemingly brother and sister relationship. I misjudged her feelings." he sighed.

"I see." was all I could manage to say.

"When she died- I vowed to make Jimin suffer. Whether Chae had any feelings more towards me or not, I had feelings for her. I loved her and he let her leave this world too soon. She was so young, she had her life to live." his eyes had some kind of flare in them.

"I didn't need to make him suffer though." I turned, surprised by Tae's words, "He made himself suffer all on his own..." realization hit me. It's true. He suffered a lot because of himself.

I can tell by his expression he was contempt with all he willingly shared with me.

"Hana, you're not her. You may be some kind of reincarnation, but you two are nothing alike the more I get to know you. I mean- hell, you're sooo rude." he chuckled.

"What?!" I laughed playfully hitting his arm.

We both laughed for a bit before we settled back.

"Although you're mean, you do have a really kind heart. I appreciate you talking with me. You could've continued to ignore me, or even find me to be some creep... but you didn't, so thank you." he smiled revealing something I haven't seen yet. His smile is literally a box... adorable.

I couldn't help to smile sheepishly in return, "You're welcome.".

Now an awkward silence washed over us as we sat quiet for a while.

"Uhh- I'll get going, thank you again Hana." he quickly raised from the bench and scurried off.

I chuckled to myself, "He's most definitely a strange one." but I'm glad we had talked. I see a new side to him now. He's not so bad after all.