Chapter Eleven

Jimin led me into the kitchen for a "family dinner", I truthfully wasn't expecting to walk in to see a full-fledged meal. Thank god there wasn't just a random animal carcass laying there on the table.

"Hey dear, feeling better?" Mrs. Park walked over, grabbed my hand and lead me to the table.

"Yeah, I'm all good." I turned my head towards Jimin smiling, "We worked everything out." I blushed thinking back to our little "make out" session.

My attention fell back onto Mrs. Park, "Good to know." she smiled, "Well this is for you!" she gestured her hands for me to dig in.

Wait... I can't eat this, "Uhh-this is all for me?! I-" so much food... I stared off towards it in disbelief.

"Mom... she isn't human anymore, how is she-" Jimin eyes turned to his mothers as she stopped him.

"I know, but she's still part human..." She placed her hand on my shoulder, "It's true that you said she was turned, but didn't you realize she was never meant to be a full vampire, to begin with?" she smiled.

"That can't be though, right? Soo-Young herself said my heart isn't beating anymore..." I'm somehow more confused than I was before. Not meant to be a full vampire??

"Nonsense, I could hear your heart beating as soon as you walked through our door. Soo-Young isn't gifted in that department and she's still young. She isn't completely aware of many things just as yet." she chuckled, "Believe me dear, your heart still beats, and you're definitely a half." she gently placed her hand back onto my shoulder.

I stared at Jimin who was just as lost as I was, "What do you mean? A half human, half vampire can't possess the strength that she does... she's seriously strong-" once again, Jimin was stopped.

"Sweetie you've got it all wrong, they're the most powerful ones to exist, they possess things full vampires can't... Hana? Either one of your parents could have been a vampire, but I have a gut feeling that somehow it was your mother over your father." she smiled.

When she brought up my mother I zoned her out unintentionally. I don't remember her at all, there's no recollection of any happy times. They don't exist to me, she doesn't exist to me. Solely because I've never once seen her face... never once met her. Never got to do or spend any time with her.

My father was like my mother, all the pictures I've ever seen around the house were only of me and him. But just like mother, he left me too. He couldn't take the death of my mom and for years he'd cry alone thinking I was asleep, but I knew all along. One picture, the only picture he'd cradle in his arms and yet I've never seen it, but I knew it was of mom.

In the end, he only became a monster. The endless drinking, the endless use of drugs, the pain. He couldn't take it anymore, he always tried to repress his frustration for me, but one day he just snapped, he just couldn't deal with it anymore.

[Flashback]

"Daddy, let's go to the park!!" I ran around the house jumping up and down at the thought of us going to the fair for the first time.

"Sweetie, can you not run? I don't want you to fall." he sat at the table looking annoyed with me. At the time I guess I didn't notice the signs of his expression.

"But dad!!" I whined, "I wanna go play!" I ended up throwing a temper tantrum.

"Hana, stop." the tapping of his feet under the table grew louder.

"No!" I screamed.

Thinking back on it now, if I would have just been obedient, he wouldn't have snapped. He wouldn't have done what he did.