Chapter Four

Stop... leave me alone. It wasn't my fault.

I shot my eyes open, jolting my body upward. I was hyperventilating. The tears... they didn't stop falling. I was having that nightmare again. One that I know will haunt me for a while. I stared around adjusting my eyes to the darkness that had fallen onto my room. My breathing was still heavy from my profuse hyperventilating.

Ever since I've left the hospital I couldn't stop thinking about that girl. Every time I close my eyes, her delicate yet fragile expression before she was beaten appears in my mind. I feel so guilty. My conscious weighs heavy thinking about her.

My dreams, the same scenes that played from the tape, however, they get more and more detailed every time to the point where I could see the clarity of the blood. More tears had escaped from my eyes. I brought my knees to my chest and hung my head low, trying hard to catch my breath.

She won't stop appearing. I can see her everywhere, and not just in my dreams...

What's gotten into me?! After I had recollected myself I looked towards the clock: 3:45 a.m. I got up from the bed and headed to the kitchen. I needed water, I was feeling dehydrated...

✎...

As I sipped the water I looked towards the window, Jimin has yet to come back. I looked towards the bruise that still laid purple and blue on my wrist. I forgive him. I know deep down inside he didn't mean it, and he regrets it. What can I do? Stay mad at him for forever? It was an accident. He was caught up in the moment. We were both tense.

After what happened, he promised me- promised to never do that again. He promised to not even read my mind. It seems to only cause arguments among us if he does so.

I placed my water down onto the counter. I finally felt calm again. I'm not sure if I should wait on Jimin or just get back into my bed. I've been feeling so drained lately, I think I just need to catch back up on all the sleep I've been losing.

I slowly made my way back to our room- suddenly a crashing sound echoed through the apartment sending shivers down my spine.

"Jimin?" I was hesitant, but I began slowly making my way back to the kitchen. My heart beat sped up as I knew I was getting closer to the sound that came from the glass.

"They killed me, they're all murders! You failed me!" a voice of hatred and anger echoed from behind me causing me to stop walking.

I stood there frozen in place. I could feel a cold breath trickle along my neck, I didn't want to turn around... I couldn't, I'm terrified. However, I had to face whatever was in here with me in order to get back to my room. I had to... I built up my what courage I could and slowly turned.

What I saw made me sick to my stomach. I let out a gut wrenching scream and fell to the floor, suddennly feeling nauseous.

"Hana?!" the lights turned on, revealing someone that I wanted to so desperately hold me right now.

Jimin ran over to me grabbing my face quickly in between his hands, "Baby, what's wrong?!" he seemed frantic. As he noticed the tears falling from my eyes, he immediately pulled me closer, bringing me into a secure hug.

"Did you cut yourself? There's glass all over the kitchen floor!" he broke the hug and examined me for any bruises or cuts.

I just sat there with my legs sprawled out and I was balling. Should I tell him what I saw? Would he believe me? The questions Jimin continued to bombard me with were completely silenced by my own thoughts that were running through my head.

Why is this happening?!

✎...

"Hana are you okay now?" Jimin laid next to me rhythmically patting my back to calm my nerves.

We had sat in our dark room for over an hour before I had finally calmed down. What I saw keeps flashing back into my mind. That nice delicate fragile expression I once saw had no longer existed in my mind, but what took its place was something way darker, and twisted.

"Hana?" Jimin called for me again, this time I turned my whole body to face him. I felt secure in his arms, something I could never feel anywhere else.

"I'm fine." I smiled assuring him, planting a soft kiss on his lips and cuddling up into his chest.

"Are you sure? Hana, I've never seen you that distraught, you had me really worried." he pouted as he stroked my hair.

I didn't want to talk about it anymore. I was feeling even more drained from before at this point. Seeing the need to change the topic I hummed into his chest, which he caught on to right away.

His voice is soothing, strong, and it makes me feel safe...

" 설레는 만큼 많이 두려워
운명이 우릴 자꾸 질투해서
너만큼 나도 많이 무서워
When you see me
When you touch me
우주가 우릴 위해 움직였어
조금의 어긋남 조차 없었어
너와 내 행복은 예정됐던 걸
'Cause you love me and I love you "

He sang to me and I found myself slowly drifting into a slumber. Slowly one by one my eyes fluttered less and less, and I was finally fast asleep cuddled into his arms.