Chapter 12

Annie's pov
After we are done talking we go to the kitchen. We realize that Brennan's not here. I don't care I'm happy that he's not here. We go downstairs to practice our routines. I'm so excited to practice my routine since my song is a song the movie "The Jungle Movie". It's one of my favorites. I realize that I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm hungry. I tell Katie that I'm going to go get a snack. I go upstairs and go to the fridge to get a snack. When I turn around I see Mrs. Jill. I decide to start talking to her.
"Hi, Mrs. Jill. How are you doing today?"
"Good. Thanks for asking. I heard that you went to the hospital."
"Yea. It was just a little visit."
"That's good."
I keep thinking about Brennan. I decide to ask her about his absence.
"Yea. Where's Brennan?"
"Oh he went to go on a date with someone. I thought that it was you, since he told me that he was going out with you."
"Oh well I couldn't go."
"He must be at a friends house."
"Yea. Ok I'm going downstairs with Katie now."
As I was heading downstairs, I started to tear up. When I got to the bottom, I start crying my eyes out. I just sat at the bottom of the stairs. I guess Katie heard since she started to talk to me.
"Hey. What took you so long?"
When Katie saw me crying, she ran up to me and start hugging me.
"What's wrong?"
"You're brother lied and told your mom that he was going on a date with me but he doesn't even like me."
"Hold on let me just call him."
Katie calls him and apparently he went on a date with Liv. I just went to sit down on the couch to take this all in. I decide to ignore it. I don't want to think about him anymore. I just want to think about my season. I keep practicing my routine.

___________________________
hope everyone enjoyed! what do you think of Brennan lying to his mom.