Chapter 19

Annie's pov
I keep looking at Liv. She stares back at me and starts to walk towards me. Nobody sees her. I start to get scared. I remember what she did to me last time I saw her. She comes right up to my bed. She takes my arm and takes a knife and gives it a good cut. I start to whimper as she did that again. Brennan notices and calls for security and a nurse. He comes up to my bed and takes Liv's arm to take her out in the hall. The nurse comes right away. She puts bandages over the two cuts and leaves the room. Another nurse comes in and says that visiting hours are over. Brennan comes in right when she said that. He looks down. Everyone starts saying goodbye. My mom and Brennan go in the hall to talk. After a few minutes, they both come back. My mom comes to my bed.
"Is it ok if I leave someone else with you? I have to go back and take care of Hayley."
"It's fine. Who is it? Mrs Katie or Dad?"
"It's Brennan."
"Oh."
"Are you sure you're ok with this?"
"Yea it's only for one night."
"Ok. Call me if anything happens."
Everyone leaves me alone with Brennan. He sits in the chair across from me. I ignore him and go on my phone. I start to talk to him since he looks bored.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Yea. Anything."
"Why did you save me?"
This question has been bothering me all day.
"Well someone had to and I wanted to be the one who saved you."
"Why though? I thought you had a girlfriend, Liv."
"Who told you we were dating?"
"She told me before she stabbed."
"Don't believe her. She thinks I'm in love with her. I'm truly not."
"Then why did you tell me you were?"
"I couldn't break a promise."
"What promise?"
"Before Caleb died, he made me promise him, in case anything happened, to always take care of you and Hayley. I knew if we ever dated I would hurt you and would break the promise."
"What do you mean if we 'ever dated'?"
"I wasn't honest when I told you that I didn't like you. I actually have liked you since I met you. After Caleb made the promise, I tried to stop but I couldn't because I knew that I wanted to be with you."
I was speechless.

___________________________
hope you liked the chapter! what will happen next?