Chapter 22

The day after
Annie's pov
I'm still in disbelief that Liv actually did this to me. I had to get stitches and got some pain medication. After a couple hours, they let me go. The whole time I was there, Brennan was there the whole time supporting me and caring for me. I'm getting convinced that he is starting to like me or at least get actual feelings. I don't want our friendship to get ruined by us getting together. He drives me home since my parents couldn't pick me up. We start talking.
"How are you feeling?" Brennan asked me.
"Well, right now my head is spinning and my arm hurts so much. Other than that, I'm feeling okay."
"I meant mentally and emotionally. Do you actually like me?"
"Of course I do. You obvisiously don't like me. I'll stop and I'll move on so that you can have a regular life. Also, since you only want to be my brother figure, I'll let you. Are you going to beat someone up when a guy breaks my heart like in they do in the movies?" I start laughing at the thought of that.
He simply pulls over on the side of the road and looks at me. I simply look down, so I didn't have to look into his eyes.
"What are you talking about? I have liked you since we met. If anythung happens to you, I will find someone and I'll beat them up. I know that if you don't want me to date you, then I won't. Even if we ever did date and we break up, I will beat myself up for the rest of my life. I know that everytime I'm around you, you get happy. If your happiness is not being around me anymore, then I will leave you alone. I don't want to ruin your happiness, even if it means I beat myself up or leave you alone. I want you happy because I love you. There I said it, I love you."
I don't know if it was the moment or the sparkle in his eyes, but I kissed him. He looks speechless until he kisses me back.
"Wait...what are we doing?" I asked stopping us from almost making out.
"Annie we like each other and we are here together. What do you say? Should we start dating or just stop being friends? I don't care as long as you're happy."
Before he could say anything else, I kissed him and told him, "I would love to date you."
After this, we continued driving to my house holding each others hands. Happily.
______________________________________
Hope you enjoyed this. I will try to post more chapters.