two

"A new guy?" Echo sounds skeptic as he speaks, they all do. We never get new people, if we did, or when we do, it would take a while for any of us to be able to trust them like we do one another, or even trust them the tiniest of bits.

"When?" Ashe lets the ball of fire die out in his hand and Reed shrugs.

"Doesn't say, but I'm guessing that's why Dako isn't back yet. He's probably fighting the Commanders about it."

"Or the guy told him to shut the hell up and let it be." Nyx says and Reed smiles a small humor filled smile and shrugs.

"Maybe. Or Dake is just telling him how we work, Shades rules, and how she works." He gives a shrug and his smile grows as the others glare at him.

"Dake would never tell anybody about Shade, about how she works, or even her abilities. Not even if he was tortured or commanded to do so." Justin says and he shakes his head as he speaks.

"We'll just have to wait and see when he gets here then." Reed says.

"Do we act like we don't know about it?" Blayze asks and I feel them all look at me as I shrug from where I'm sitting at my bed on the window seat.

"Vis facere."

"Quod sic mulier." They reply and I push off the window seat to fall to the floor below.

"You find something out tell me, I'm going to go take a shower." They all nod and I walk out of the barn. I round the outside of the barn and walk to the small building that we call the shower room, Dako had them make this because they were having us live in a barn that just so happens to be falling apart. If I walk in and go left I'll get to the stalls with all of the toilets and sinks, I know it sounds terrible but it's actually pretty nice, and if I walk in and go to the right I'll get to the showers, and damn are the showers fun.

They don't have the shower heads that spit out harsh water but a big square in the middle of the room that dips down like a pool for baths, and if we want to shower there is a spot in the back where the water pours from the ceiling like rain falling from the sky, and it all works with small square pads that are hooked to the walls. It's sad when you think about it, the shower rooms are better than the place we call home. When I step inside I pull my clothes off and walk to the bathtub. Once I get the water to start pouring into the tub I slide into it and let out a half groan half moan type noise and lean back into the water. It doesn't surprise me that halfway through my bath Ashe walks into the room and joins me but my bath immediately turns into a water splashing fight, and the whole room fills with our laughter. The whole no personal space thing is there, all of us have grown used to sharing showers with one another, we are used to seeing one another naked because growing up being assassins means we never truly had a real shower, always creeks and lakes before this, and it's the same thing with our beds, we are used to always being near one another, if not sitting on one anothers laps.

"So do you think the new guy will try to force us to do things?" Ashes voice cuts through our silence and I lift my head from his shoulder to see the slight fear that rests within his eyes, we may have been trained to show absolutely no emotions but when it's just our small group, we ignore what we were taught and do whatever we want.

"He won't get far before one of my knives get lodged into his throat." He chuckles and holds me a bit tighter as he snuggles his head against the top of mine.

"I love you Shade." I smile as I watch the water ripple around us.

"I love you too Ashe." When we had first met, I was the outcast just as this new guy will be, I was the only one with black hair and brightly glowing blue eyes, the odd silent girl with the crazy abilities that scared everybody, but once I had saved Ashes life, he ignored the others and stuck to my side. He was my first friend in this group, my first brother. He accepted me for me and always stays back to back with me when we have a mission. Many people think that we are together when they see us, we are nothing more than brother and sister, and we have done nothing more than what we do now. I had given Dako the title as my father once my true father had stopped truly being there for me, and Ashe became my first brother within this group, he's always been there for me even when I didn't show when I needed it he'd be right there, other than my brother and Panic, Ashe is my best friend.