twenty one

It has nearly been a week and a half since Ashe had found me and told me that Reed had found the two hideouts, one and a half long ass weeks of all of us being forced to hold ourselves back from attacking when we are so close to the ones that have taken what belongs to me. We have sat in the shadows of the trees for over ten hours every single day to watch them and learn of their schedules so that we will know the right time to attack and get inside.

And what makes it even worse, is that it has been one and a half weeks since I had even spoken to Saxon.

When I see him in school he will either completely ignore me, or he will be all over that dirty skank with these beautiful smiles on his face, these smiles that he has never once given me, and it breaks my heart. I know the others have seen it, I know they have seen him with the tramp, and I know that they have seen the drastic amount of weight that I have lost since Saxon had left, I can feel the anger that rushes through all of them as they watch him with that nasty slut, and I can feel how they want nothing more than to kill him, but every time they try to act on those emotions I stop them by telling them that he isn't even worth it, and each of them will huff out a deep growl of their anger before they turn away from them and walk away just as I do.

Even now I can feel their anger as we rest in the trees around Drakes pack, Reed is in the house with Dako and the others while Nyx and Raven are in the trees around me, and the other three boys are in the trees around Drews pack. We had decided to take a break today so that we can watch both packs just in case anything happens, and tomorrow we will go back to the two hideouts to watch them there, but so far nothing has happened. I remain just as silent as the world around me as I allow my eyes to drift over the trees that rest just behind Drakes home, I can see each vein in each leaf as my eyes pass them and I can see each dip that rests in the bark of the trees around me, but nothing moves. For a couple of hours everything remains still, not a single movement fills the trees until something silver flashes within my view and my eyes quickly snap to it. My whole body freezes as I take in just how beautiful the butterfly is as it rests on the branch beside me.

The silver of the butterfly seems to glow as his eyes do, the black that outlines the rims of its wings only seems to make the silver shine brighter, and I can't help but to put my finger in front of it. I watch as its small black legs walk off of the leaf that it had rested on only to walk onto my finger, as soon as it does a gasp leaves my lips as a tingle shoots through my body, but the sensation leaves as soon as I read the mossy green letters just on the inside of its wing and I silently watch as its beautiful wings flutter before it disappears. I take the arrow from my bow and push it back into my quiver just before I begin to jump through the trees and to the house. When I get to the house I quickly run inside  to my room so that nobody from Drakes pack can see me, then I go to my closet to change my clothes, and as soon as I have I walk back downstairs and out the front door only to lean on the side of the house just beside the porch leading to the front door.

It doesn't take long before my body stiffens at the beautifully intoxicating scent of his, and a moment later he steps out of the trees but my eyes remain on the ground between my feet. "I heard you received even more injuries from your brother." I flinch from just how cold and unemotional his voice sounds and I know he sees it because I don't even try to hide it from him. "Why did you not tell me?" It goes silent when he finishes speaking, my eyes remain on the grass between my feet and my lips remain closed making him let out a deep sigh. "Look Shade-."

"Just leave." My deep voice is nothing but a whisper as I speak, I know he can hear the pain that rests within it but I do nothing to take it back and nothing to make it look as if I am stronger than I feel, and as soon as my eyes meet his I wish they had remained looking at the grass. His glowing silver and mossy green eyes are dark, the silver just as deep gray as the storm clouds that had been shielding the stars away from me just a few nights ago, the usually mossy green flecks are now such a deep green that I can barely see them within the gray, and instead of them holding love and a gentle care, they hold nothing but an emptiness and remain cold as they stare into my own eyes.