thirty eight

Saxons POV

"No." I feel my dark hair brush across my face as I shake my head and cup my large hands around the gash along her beautiful throat, I see Ace trying to stop the bleeding along her collarbone, Raven tries to stop the blood that flows from her right wing just as Nyx does with her left as they lay limply along the floor of the room, and it seems as if her body is refusing the help we try to give it. I feel her love and anger wash through her as she stares at me, her brightly glowing blue eyes never seize to amaze me each time that I look into them, but now I feel as if it will be the last and I shake my head yet again.

"Sax-." Her beautiful voice is deep, not like a mans but not like most women's either, the sound is like nothing but music to my ears but as soon as the blood in her throat begins to choke her that music is cut off and I am shaking my head as I stare into her eyes.

"Ashe do something!" My deep voice echoes on the walls as I look at him but he cannot seem to take his eyes away from the blood pooling around my hands from the large gash that is now her throat. "Dako! Reed! Echo! Someone fucking do something!" Even my command seems to have little to no effect on them and my eyes move back to Shades to see tears filling them just as they do my own and I shake my head once more. "Please no." My voice is a whisper but I know she can hear it because her beautiful blood red lips pull into a small smile and I watch as it slowly fades from her face. I watch as the light within her eyes begins to dim, and I watch as they close without losing a single tear and I stare at her in horror as I shake my head. "No. No, no, no, no, no." The one word leaves me like a mantra, as if the one word alone could bring her back and I cannot stop my body from trembling as pain fills it. I can feel it once again, my heart not only being ripped from my chest, but also being stabbed by a poisoned dagger as I feel her soul being pulled away from my own, and I try as hard as I can to keep ahold of it.

"Saxon?" Ices soft voice fills my ears, I can hear the fear in his voice as he tries to see the one woman he thinks of as a mother, I can feel the fear that flows through all of them, I can feel the pain, and their horror because of the power that had fused to me from Shade, and I tremble with pain as I wonder how she could stand feeling this everyday of her life. "Saxon?" My body gives a harsh jerk as his cool hand gently touches my back and I gasp in a sharp breath.

"She was all that I had left." My words are nothing more than gasped whispers as they leave my lips, I feel my power beginning to leak from me as the pain flows through me and I want nothing more than to die so that I can be with her once more. "She was all I was ever going to have, and my baby." My words end on a choked sob as it leaves my lips and I shake my head as I lean it on hers. I can feel Ice wrap his cool strong arms around my waist as he holds onto me as if to comfort me even after everything that I have done, and he only tightens his hold on me as my body begins to jerk with my pain filled sobs. "Please Shade, do not leave me after I have just gotten you back. Please wake up, I need you so much, I love you more than anything in the world, please Shade, please just wake up." My broken whispers do nothing to wake her, and a harsh sob leaves me making my body jerk in Ices strong arms and I let out a harsh roar of rage and pain as I slam my bloody fist into the table beside her head making it splinter and break as my hand hits it, and everyone around me jumps at the sound. "Dammit!" My voice leaves me in half sob, half roar of anger as I slam my fist into the table once again. I can feel the way it rips through my skin and I pull it away as I cup her beautiful face in my bloody hand only making more blood smear across her pale flesh.

"Saxon." Ice whispers and I feel his arms tighten around my waist as he holds me to him.

"They have just taken away the last things I could ever call family, the same people that had taken my brother away from me, same people that had taken my sister, my mother and father, they have just taken my mate from me, ripped her right out of my arms and with her my beloved unborn child." I close my eyes as I speak and I feel a tear roll from my eye and down my nose as it falls to her, where the tip of my nose rests against hers and I hear the others around me gasp in shock.