thirty four

Raine had been right about Ace sticking to my side, she stays as close to me as she can but every time Fang comes into the room we're in she will grab my arm and move so that I stand in front of her, but he never tries anything. After she had calmed down she had ran out to grab some clothes then she had joined us in our shower. Of course Panic didn't care and had let her join, it is what we are all so used to doing anyway, yet the moment she saw all of the wounds covering my body he bad to catch her before she could fall in the shock and horror that she felt, and when we finished we had all gotten dressed then we had gone downstairs to join everyone else. Now I am in the kitchen cooking some food with Ace helping me to my left, just beside her is Ice as she sings to the music she has playing and shows him how to dice the onions, and to my right is Panic, standing at the ready to catch me if I fall. I can hear the others all throughout the house laughing and joking around with one another and it makes the mood in the house feel at ease.

It makes it feel as if it is no longer empty.

Ace gives a loud squeal that echoes through the house as the song changes, and she lays the knife down just before she grabs Ices hands and begins to dance around the room screaming each word of the song as she throws her hips and sends her blonde curls flying around her beautiful face. A smile forms on my lips as I watch them, I can feel the pure amazement that fills Fang as he stands in the threshold of the door and watches them as I do, and I can also feel the want that fills Saxon as he walks into the room and sees them.

When I finish cooking Panic begins to fill a couple of plates then he takes my hand and pulls me out of the room just as everyone else begins to fill it. As soon as he gives me the food I force it down then stare out of the large windows as I watch the clouds move, but of course that doesn't last long before I run outside and fall to my knees in the grass. As soon as my knees hit the ground Panic is beside me holding me just as he had been last night when I had vomited up nothing but stomach bile. I can feel how the others watch from inside the house, I can feel their worry, their fear as they watch me puke up everything I had just eaten.

When it finally stops I gasp a harsh breath in then lean my trembling form into Panic as it threatens to give out but he does not seem to mind as he pulls me closer to him. He rubs his hand over my back for a few minutes before he gently wraps his arms around me and lifts me from the ground carrying me back to the house just as he had done to carry me to bed last night. I smell Saxon before we get to the house and Panic lets out a low growl as he hits Saxons shoulder with his own just before he walks into the house. "Mama?" Kyles deep voice is full of worry as he watches Panic carry me to the stairs where he disappears out of sight with me in his arms.

Panic helps me change into another one of his large t-shirts before he takes me to the bathroom so we can both brush our teeth, when we finish he walks with his arm on my waist as if afraid I may fall as we walk down the stairs, and as soon as we get to the living room I let my eyes wonder through the worried faces until I find who it is that I'm looking for. "Drake." As soon as I say his name he turns around and looks at me with worry.

"Hey, you ok?" He hands the game controller to Kyle, making him jump up and down with happiness, before he walks over to me with a worried smile.

"Yeah I am fine. I need you to do something for me." I watch as he stands straighter as I say those words and he nods. "I need you to call Drew and tell him to get here as fast as he can, he can bring his Beta if he wishes to, then go to your pack house and get your father and both Betas. I will keep an eye on Scarlett and Raven both while you're out."

"Of course, I will go do that now." I nod as I watch him walk away then I look to Raven and Scarlett.

"Raven, Scarletts father is coming over in just a few moments. I want you to take her upstairs until I give you the signal to bring her down." She nods as she stands from the couch where she sits and she pulls Scarlett up with her to do as I had said. "I need for everybody else to find somewhere to sit or lay down I really don't care, but find a spot and go there, whenever Drew arrives I will tell all of you why I asked for your help, why I look like I have been beaten everyday for a year, and why I am so sick." I feel Panic stiffen as I speak, but I ignore his worry as I watch everyone else get up and begin finding a place to sit in the large room. It does not take long before Drakes father arrives, I know that Scarlett can feel him because of how her anxiety begins to grow at the thought of seeing him for the first time in so long, but I keep a straight face just as everybody else does.