five

"Shade, baby we're here." I slap Ashes hand away from me as he holds my shoulder and gently shakes me awake, he begins to chuckle but when I peel my eyes open and glare at him he flinches away from me and rushes out of the truck making Echo snicker as he follows behind him. I slowly slide out of the truck and grab my pillows making sure to slam the large door behind me just to make Dako cringe, then I look to the house. The house isn't as small looking as Dako had made it seem, two stories, but it looks big enough to hold fifteen people. The house itself is white, the roofing is a deep gray color with matching gray shutters, in front of the door there are a few steps that lead to a wrap around porch that even has a swing resting on it.

"How cliché." Echo says and the others chuckle as Raven lays on the swing and gets comfortable.

"You said we will have to share rooms?" Reed looks at Dako and when he nods they all look to me but Dako is the one to speak.

"Cierra and Echo take one room, Nyx and Justin take another, Blaze and Cameron, Ashe and Raven, Saxon can room with Shade, and Reed you'll room with me." I feel the unease that goes through all of them when they hear him say Saxon and I will share a room, but I'm currently in no mood to care as I debate on which tree to sleep in. "Now go grab your things and go inside to pick a room. Agree with one another and no fighting. When you're finished we can all go to the mall to get what we need for the house and school." As everyone starts to grab their things I walk inside and hit the stairs. All of the rooms are large, each one is lit brightly with the sun that streams in through the windows, but all of them are also bare and plain.

I leave the bedrooms for the others as I jump into the attic. It's a bit spacious, not huge like the other rooms, but big enough to comfortably place two, the walls are a dirty white, the floor is made of linoleum wood, and against one wall is a floor to ceiling window so that's where I go. I place my pillows around the front of the window then lay on them curling into a ball of pain and sleepiness as the darkness caresses me. I wake with a jump and a loud groaned growl as Blaze yells for me. When I flop onto my back and open my eyes I see Saxon setting my bags in the corner of the room with his. "They want to go shopping." His deep voice makes me groan as shivers threaten to show themselves so I slowly push myself up and walk out of the room.

On the way there I sit in the truck with the window open and my head laying half in half out of the windowsill, and my legs lay across the bench seat over Cameron and Blazes laps but they don't mind, they're the ones that told me I could do it. The ride only lasts about forty five minutes so when we get to the mall I climb onto Reeds back and push my face into his neck breathing him in as I listen to the others talk. "How is this going to work?" Echo asks and the girls snort, all except Raven, she's sleeping in the cart that Cameron is pushing.

"Split into groups, Ashe and Raven go with Shade and Saxon, Echo and Justin come with me, the girls can do their own thing, Cameron, Reed, and Blaze can go and do their own thing too." A groaned whimper leaves my lips and Reed lightly trails his thumbs over my thighs in a comforting way, and I can feel the anger that swells in Saxon from the touch. "Before we split up we need to look at the beds so we can all choose our own. Anything else you need or want you can get on your own." Dako says and they all nod as they follow him to the bed store. At the store the others have a hay day at choosing their beds and the blankets to put on them, Raven finds the softest one in the store and falls asleep on it in no time, and I look through the blankets until I find the ones I want and lay on the package as I wait for the others to finish.

"You know, I have seen many people fall asleep on the beds but not on the bed sheets before." A mans voice enters my ears and I slap my hand at him with a groan making him chuckle.

"I am sorry she is having her monthly crisis." Dako says and the man chuckles. I feel hands lifting me from the blankets and I whimper as Justin pulls me up and sets me on Ashes back where I snuggle into his neck and let my limbs go around him in a death grip.