thirty two

It did not take long once Fang had arrived for the others he had called to arrive, but before I could show them to any of the spare rooms the others had woken up and came running down the stairs to greet everyone. Of course Ashe, Echo, and Fang had all gotten together as soon as they had seen the other and started talking just as the others had, but I was to busy watching as Raine walked downstairs with a sleepy look on his beautiful face and his long fingers in his messy hair, yet all of that sleepiness went away once he laid eyes on Storm. It was obvious from the way they were acting that they are mates and I could not help but to coo at just how adorable they are which made Storms face go red while Raine had started laughing.

Now I sit at the window seat, Panic sits to my right with his body pressed against my right side while the window presses against the left, his arm is tightly wrapped around my waist in a protective manner, and my arms are loosely draped over my stomach while my knees try to press against my chest as I watch the sun rise behind the trees. "So how many of the others are coming?" Kyles voice interrupts my thoughts and I can hear everyone else within the house go quiet as they wait for my answer.

"All of them." I can feel the shock that flows through everyone as the words leave my lips and Fang leans on the wall in front of us.

"I suppose you are not going to tell us why it is that you need our help, or why it is that you look like you've been beaten everyday for the past year until they all arrive?" His voice is soft, but I can easily feel the anger that is rushing through him.

"They should be arriving soon. Ace and her group should be here any second, and just after them everyone else." I look away from the rising sun and let my eyes meet his making him flinch from the pain that fills them. "I have missed you by the way, it hasn't been boring around here but it has not been any fun either." He smiles but when I look back to the sun just behind the trees I can feel the way he, just like everyone else, fills with worry. Fang plops onto the window seat across from us and parts his lips to speak but as soon as he goes to talk Panic pushes him off of the seat with his foot then he chuckles as he watches Fang fall.

"Panic I am beginning to think that you want to fight." Fang rolls onto his back with a smile on his face and as soon as his eyes meet Panics, Panic jumps on him filling the house with their playful growls, and even the slapping sounds as they punch one another but Dakos deep growl cuts them off.

"Not in the house you filthy animals!" His playful words make everyone laugh and the boys immediately pull away from one another with laughs of their own before they run outside to finish their fight with everyone else following just behind them. It does not take long for us all to go from watching all of the boys fighting, to having a full blown cook out.

The once empty pool had been filled to the rim with warm water made by Aqua, once that happened Drake brought his grill over from the pack house only for Dako, Justin, Smith, Kyle, and Drake to start a fight over just which grill is the best to use, and which one is making the best food. It had not taken long after that for everyone to either start swimming, or stand around the yard talking to one another while they watch the boys fight in the middle of the yard. The girls and most of the women are inside the house hiding Scarlett away from all of the pack members that had asked to join in on the fun. Once they had everyone had gotten quiet as they looked to me silently asking if they know and if they should tell them, but as soon as I had shaken my head they had nodded and gone back to talking to one another.

A high pitched squeal fills the yard pulling me away from my thoughts, I don't have to look to be able to know who it is, but as soon as I do turn around a body hits my own and I'm thrown back from the sheer force of the impact. I feel nothing but fire as my body hits the ground a few feet from where I had been a moment ago, and no matter how hard I try to keep the scream from leaving me, it slips right past my lips and fills the air with my pain. "Shade!" Before my scream can even fade Panic has jumped away from Fang, shoved a terrified looking Ace off of me and is now kneeling beside me with his warm hands cupping my face.