thirty seven

I grind my teeth at the pain that rushes through me as the blade rips through my collarbone, I feel my head fall forward only to lift back up as the wound heals and I have to force myself not to scream in complete agony as I think of my baby sister getting the wound. Once Scarlett had left the men had beaten me for what felt like hours, but could have only been minutes, I know that Shade had taken each wound from me as soon as it had made a mark on my flesh and it only seemed to anger me more. But as soon as I had seen her face through Scarletts eyes it felt as if everything inside of me had completely faded away. The anger, the fire hot rage that had boiled the my blood within my veins, the fear at the thought of my mate dying. It had all faded as soon as I had seen her familiar beautiful face. She looked just as horrible as she felt when I was in her mind, her usual brightly glowing blue eyes were completely dull, nearly lifeless as they looked into Scarletts, she had dark bags under her eyes as if she had not slept for weeks, and her body was far more skinnier than the last time I had seen her.

It hurt me to see her heal Scarlett, of course I was greatful for it but I wished that one of the others had done it instead, and as soon as I had seen what rested beneath her clothes I could not help but to vomit all of the bile that was resting within my stomach. There was not a single spot along her pale flesh that didn't hold a bruise or stitches of some kind, scars layered her flesh, bruises of all shapes and colors, and the smallest of bumps on her belly where her baby had began to show. It had made me sick to see my sister in so much pain, sick to see her so broken and torn apart, and it had only gotten worse when I had learned she came up with the plan to have her mate reject her so that he could get inside and learn more about the rogues.