[8] I Love You?

It was 6 in the morning, and freezing cold. I decided to go on a walk since I couldn't sleep, I doubt anyone else would be up so it could just me and the sound of nature.

When I turned a corner I thought I heard the sound of someone singing but I brushed it off, it got louder. I looked in the direction of the voice and was met with familiar red hair. My G- Gerard, Just Gerard, he wasn't mine, obviously, he'd never actually love somebody like me.

He was an amazing singer. I just stood there staring at his back, listening to his beautiful voice, wishing I was as talented as him, god he's so fucking hot, I love him so much- Wait.. do I love him? I'm probably just tired, I sighed.

He must've heard me sigh because he stopped singing and turned around. "Hey y/n, what're you doing up?" He stood up and walked closer to me.

"Oh, couldn't sleep, I could ask you the same thing?" He scratched the back of his neck "Uh yeah same, couldn't sleep either" I half smiled. "So what did you do last night after the campfire?" He asked me, wow he's actually interested in my life? I grinned from ear to ear and started to talk.

Gerard's POV:

There you were. Standing and talking. Just talking. Just being you. But I could see the expressions on your face. I could see the dimple on the right side of your mouth; I could see the way your hands moved when you got excited. You leaned back on your old worn out sneakers, the ones you wore all the time, cause they brought you luck. I heard you laugh. It was short, light, like the first taste of an ice cream sandwich on the first day of summer. Everyone around you laughed, because your laugh was the cliché or clichés, contagious. I could see the sun shining on your hair, turning it two shades lighter than it actually was. And you did all that just by being you. Just talking. Standing and talking. There you were, the love of my life.

Y/n POV:

After an hour of talking he asks me out again finally.

**********

The time has come, our second date, Ash told me she'll be on the dock with Zach, so at least if someone came once again, she could be a savage again and tackle them to the ground. You laughed at your thoughts.

I made my way to the dock, he was standing there already, he always seemed to be early.

"Hi"

"Hey"

I bit my lip. He raised his eyebrows and glanced in the other direction gesturing towards the boat. I smiled and got in opposite him.

"So, I just realised I don't even know how old you are?" I chuckled at my awkwardness. He looked down, after a moment he spoke "Uhm.. There's probably something I should tell you." Now I was scared. "My brother is here and my parents made me come to look after him so technically I'm not a student. My parents asked the instructor and she said it was fine, so basically yeah, I'm not your age." I just sat there shocked.

"Oh.." was all I could say. "S-so how old are you then?" Silence. I raised my eyebrow and looked up at him. He looked me in eyes "I'm twenty-two tomorrow..."

I couldn't speak, he lied? All this time I thought he went to my high school but I just hadn't seen him before. Now I find out he's 5 years older than me? I still loved him though, I guess age is just a number?

I sighed and smiled, placing my hand on his. "It's okay Ger." He looked at me "You sure? I'm sorry I lied, I just didn't know how you'd react"

Ashley and Zach came and sat at the end of the dock, she winked at me. Why?

"G-Gerard?"

"Yeah?"

"I lo-"

"She loves you!" Ashley screamed. "What the fuck Ash!" I got up and ran towards her, pushing her into the lake. She surfaced and spat out water "oh come on!" I smirked.

She got out of the lake and ran to get dry, Zach chasing after her wondering what happened.

I hurried back to Gerard and sat opposite him again. "Sorry about tha-" "I love you too."

-------------------------------------

A/N - EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK CIARRAAAA ;)