01.

Alexandrina was standing on platform 9 3/4, frozen and dumbstruck

Her mother had quickly waved her off, already being an hour late for a trial, saying that if she should need help she could ask anybody, because according to her, wizards were nice people. That was far easier said than done for shy little Alexandrina.

She didn't think her mum was serious when she revealed to her on her eleventh birthday that she was a witch, and there was a 99.87% chance that Alexandrina was one as well. She told her stories of how her daughter would break all the glass cups that were across the room as a baby, but Alexandrina didn't believe her for one second though.

Her mother and her lived in a muggle community, and while Alexandrina's mother was a secret wizard slash lawyer, Alexandrina had no clue who her father was at all. She wondered if he was a wizard or just a normal person. Her mother never spoke of him, and whenever Alexandrina brought him up, she would change the topic just as quickly as it was brought up.

However, her mother's thoughts were confirmed three days later on June 15, when Alexandrina got her Hogwarts acceptance letter delivered to her by a professor, her mum squealed overly excited and Alexandrina was utterly terrified of her mother, who was always so proper, acting like a little girl.

Fast forward approximately three months later, where she stood with her trunk and atop of it was a beautiful owl that sat patiently in his cage, waiting for the young girl to decide to move her feet.

It was the trains horn, that made her finally pick her feet up and travel inside the train to go look for a compartment.

She hustled and bustled through the students and looked at the strange variety of them. They looked surprisingly normal against Alexandrina's thoughts.

When she found an empty one near the back of the train, Alexandrina sat herself down quickly and opened up her charms textbook, a class she was most eagerly waiting for.

It hadn't been fifteen minutes before the compartment door opened and a young boy wearing a tucked in plaid shirt and black slacks walked in taking a seat opposite of her.

He seemed rushed and while he was trying to catch his breath to form some words, Alexandrina studied him and his slicked back, black hair and seemingly pale skin that contrasted his hazel eyes, which were watching his own hands fix his shirt collar. He had dark features too big for his face, and she knew that once he grew older, those features would make him the center of every girls attention.

Alexandrina didn't know she was zoning out, until the boy spoke up startling her.

"Hey are you there?"

"Yeah sorry, I guess-I guess I, what did you say?"

"I was asking what your name was, im guessing you're a first year?" he grinned at Alexandrina as she gave a small nod confirming the latter of his question. "Im a second year"