15.

Cedric looked up at her from the rim of his cup and laughed

Cedric looked up at her from the rim of his cup and laughed. "Me too, I haven't had the chance to come to Hogsmeade in ages"

The two were currently sitting inside Three Broomsticks on the date Alexandrina had willingly promised Cedric.

And she was incredibly nervous. So nervous she spilled her water all over herself during breakfast, and almost tripped over her feet four times on the way to Hogsmeade. But Cedric was way too distracted by his own nerves to notice any of her clumsiness.

"I could tell, you took us down the wrong path twice"

Cedric put his drink down as she picked up hers, "I thought you didn't know how to get there, so I just took char-if you knew where Three Broomsticks was, why didn't you say anything"

"You were so excited and chatty, I didn't want to burst your bubble, although now that I think of it, we could have been here a lot sooner" Alexandrina laughed, winking at Cedric as he blushed at her words. "Definitely worth it though, your reaction when we finally got here-priceless"

"I was terribly nervous, and I think we should leave soon, I want to show you something"

"What is it!" Alexandrina responded quickly, but from the sly grin that was appearing on Cedric's face she knew she wasn't going to find out. "Fine, just hurry up and finish your butter beer before I start to bother you"

Cedric, in Alexandrina's eyes, seemed to drink his butter beer even slower than normal just to get a reaction out of her. He loved how her eyes would grow darker when she got riled up, and how her nose wrinkled while she tried to hold herself back. And from the way things were looking, his plan was working.

Alexandrina was shaking her leg intensely, while she stared at Cedric her eyes narrowed, as he looked up at her innocently. When he met her eyes, she gave him a tight smile, and he gave a charming one back before going back to his drink. Their little exchange went by about eight more times before Alexandrina slammed her hands on the table, and finally snapped.

"Okay! That is it! I can't do this anymore, but finish your bloody drink or I'll do it-actually here" Alexandrina took the cup from Cedric's hands, his face mixed with amusement and shock, as she chugged down the remainder of the drink before placing it back in his hands. "Now please please let's go, it's absolute torture! I hate surprises"

"Patience is a virtue Alex" Cedric smiled at her, not bothered by the fact she drank his butter beer.

"Oh you!-I was being so patient, I sat here but you were just taking long on purpose I swear!" Alexandrina pouted, but she crossed her arms, deflated. "Can we go now?"

Cedric laughed, his head tipping back as he nodded his head and grabbed Alexandrina's hand with his. "Let's go"

/

"Oh Merlin Ced! You didn't tell me there was a rock there, I could've died" Alexandrina flicked what she assumed was Cedric's shoulder, but with both his hands covering her eyes, she wasn't sure. "Did you finish doing what you were doing?"

"Sorry Drina I forget to tell you-and yes you can look now" Taking his hands off Alexandrina's eyes he nudged her to open them, and the look of pure curiosity on her face was more than enough for him.

"What are we doing on the Quidditch field Cedric?" Alexandrina turned around to face him, one hand still subconsciously latched onto his. The rock she thought she had tripped on was in fact a large case, next to it, two brooms.

Cedric looked shyly down on the ground before looking back up to her thoughtful eyes, "I know how much you love Quidditch, and since we can't play this year I thought we could-you know fly for a bit"

Alexandrina smiled so widely her face started hurting. "Of course! I miss it so so much, I remember how jealous I was when Harry got to fly during the first task!"

"Harry was getting chased by a dragon, and almost fell off the tower Alex" Cedric watched as Alexandrina grabbed a broom and twirled it between her hands. 

"The details don't matter honestly" She halfheartedly replied, her mind completely focused on the beautiful broom in front of her. As she got on and began to fly in circles a few feet above the ground, Alexandrina noticed that Cedric hadn't even moved from his spot yet. "What are you waiting for Cedric, come join me!"

Her laugh brought Cedric back, and he opened up the case, and took out the glimmering golden snitch before getting onto his own broom. Alexandrina was as high as the empty stands when he came to her side. 

"I was thinking..." Cedric trailed off as he brought the closed snitch from his pocket, watching it flutter open above his hand. "Whose the better seeker, let's settle it once and for all Reddins"

"Alexandrina's mouth opened in mock surprise as she began to fly backwards away from Cedric, "You are so on Diggory"

"I know you're only a fifth year, but that doesn't mean I'm going easy on you Alex!" Cedric yelled over the wind.

"I've beat you more times than you've with me, so likewise Ced!"

And they were off, the two of them chasing the snitch for hours. It only took hours because at times, they grew distracted and began to chase each other, the snitch completely forgotten, only their joyous laughs fading into the burning sun dipping into the horizon.

The two of them just sat there, floating and feeling the wind glide past them, as they panted trying to catch their breath.

"Do you remember the first time I played as Seeker Ced?" Alexandrina dreamily asked, looking over at Cedric. 

"You beat Hufflepuff that day. I remember all the Slytherins going mad after, and lifting you up like trophy" Cedric smiled at her, as she laughed as the memory came rushing back.

"And then the day in my third year when you finally caught the snitch before I could" 

"That was the last time we beat Slytherin for a while."

"What can I say, I guess they have a pretty great Seeker" Alexandrina winked jokingly. Her smile began to fade as she noticed Cedric's smile turn into a frown.

 "I wanted to go up you so badly that day, and apologize for everything I ever did to you Drina, I-I-"

"Cedric don't, I forgive you okay, I forgive you" Alexandrina went as close as she could to Cedric's sagging body as he felt all his regrets seeping up. 

"But you shouldn't Drina, I treated you so horribly, all for being a Slytherin, that too knowing what kind of person you were" Cedric looked at her, their eyes only inches apart, "The seventh year Hufflepuffs were talking about how all Death Eaters came from Slytherin, and now I know that's not true but my twelve year old self was so terrified to the point I was okay with never talking to you again"

"We were kids Cedric, you didn't know any better, and I was so full of hate to even be near you. We both made mistakes, it's both our faults" Alexandrina put her head in the crevice between Cedric's head and shoulder, comforting him.

"I had so many chances after that to come up to you, but I didn't because I was terrified, and because of that, we lost so many years we could of had Drina"

"But that's the past now, we're here right now, together, that's all that matters"

"You're all that matters Alexandrina, it will always be you"

//

I'm so sorry for not updating, I had lost all inspiration for this book, but it's almost over (Like two chapters till the end kind of over), and plot twist: I'm making two endings.