04.

"Let me go send this letter to mum, I'll meet you in the common room after Darc"

Alexandrina wandered outside castle from where she was standing inside with Darcy, to go deliver a letter she had written for her mum.

Alice Reddins was an Auror, before she moved to England to raise her daughter. But she grew up in a time where all Slytherins were imposed as evil, because Voldemort had come from the same house. So when she found out her daughter was sorted into Slytherin, she felt terrified. She acted like her daughter was made of porcelain and could snap at any second.

But it wasn't until her daughters third year when she realized Alexandrina was nothing like a stereotypical Slytherin, and she finally accepted the fact that Alexandrina might be following her mums footsteps after all.

"Okay Butterbeer, I told mum to give you only carrots and chocolate when you get there, but knowing her she'll probably give you a whole feast anyway" Alexandrina petted her brown and white owl, "Feeds you more than she feeds me in a week I swear"

With a hoot in farewell, her owl, Butterbeer, flew out the window and away.

"I still can't believe you named your owl Butterbeer Alex" Fleming walked into the tower, shaking her head as Alexandrina smirked slightly. "Like out of all owl names you chose that"

"You're just jealous that I'm so creative Flemmy"

"Uh huh sure I am" Fleming gave her own letter to her owl before turning back around to Alexandrina who was waiting patiently for her friend, "Are you okay Alex?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well we did run into Cedric today morning" Fleming pointed it out like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Who? I don't recall a Cedric" Alexandrina furrowed her brow and dramatically stroked her chin.

"You know! The tall, incredibly handsome bloke who literally everyone lo-oh you're kidding" Fleming stopped herself from finishing as she saw the look on Alexandrina's face. "So you're okay then?"

"Of course I am, he's no one to me anymore" Alexandrina spoke nonchalantly, "Anyway, we have to meet Darcy in the common room because she wants to start that stupid Potions essay now, and you know she's a scary arse if you say no"

"Alright I guess" Fleming was still unsure but continued to follow her friend down the corridors, "One day I'm going to stand up to Darcy and straight up tell her I don't want to do my bloody homework"

"I'll make sure to come to your funeral then"

/

The three girls sat around a table in their Slytherin common room doing their essay.

The common room was fairly empty, those who were there were quietly whispering or reading, but after about an hour or so, two sixth year boys walked in, behind them three Beauxbaton girls followed giggling like crazy. They followed the two boys up to the boys dormitory and anybody could take a guess as to what was going to happen up there.

"Those Beauxowhatever girls act like their all prim and proper but Merlin, they are some horny-"

"Fleming! Language!"

"I didn't even say anything inappropriate! But you know I'm right Darc, their already stealing all our men and it's been a day!"

"You know, the Durmstrang boys are no better, Viktor Krum is apparently a bloody git" Alexandrina tapped her quill against the table, "And the boys at Hogwarts are not men, their arseholes at their finest"

"Just because you haven't been interested in any boys since-well ever doesn't mean you got to badmouth them all!" Fleming turned red as she spoke.

"Oh my, Fleming do you fancy someone?!" When Fleming only turned redder Darcy grew even more excited, "This is wonderful!"

"Darcy you're supposed to pester her about who it actually is!"

"Alexandrina Reddins you better shut your mouth right now if you want to keep that pretty face of yours!"

"Darcy and someone snogging in a tree-" Alexandrina started to sing as Fleming quickly got up and marched out of the common room. "You know Darcy, I think Fleming fancies someone"

"Oh shut up Alex"

/

It was the next day, when Dumbledore was finally announcing who would be the champion from each school.

Everybody sat in the Great Hall eagerly, all waiting to see who the champion of their school may be.

"You know, I bet that Viktor Krum entered" Alexandrina whispered in Darcy and Fleming's ears, "had to impress his fangirls and boys"

"You can't say he isn't a fine bloke Alex, he's quite attractive" Darcy whispered back, eyeing Victor Krum who sat at the end of the Slytherin table.

"He really isn't my type"

"No ones your type you toad" Darcy lightly slapped Alexandrina's shoulder, "But he most definitely is mine"

The three girls laughed to themselves as Dumbledore came to the center of the Great Hall, the Goblet Of Fire behind him glowing blue. Dumbledore announced some things before a piece of paper flew out of the goblet, interrupting him.

"Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore called out, "from Durmstrange!"

And all the students stood up and cheered wildly for the prized champion.

"Did I not bloody call it" Alexandrina rolled her eyes as Fleming snickered.

As Viktor Krum made it to the front of the room another name flew out of the goblet and into Dumbledore's hand.

"Fleur DeLacore from Beauxons!" At the name being called, Fleming snorted so loud people from the Ravenclaw table stared at her like she had three heads.

"I thought no one from that school would get called" Darcy's doe eyes grew wide, giving a small shrug to Alexandrina who laughed at her friend.

They then started a conversation about how anti-feminist that school of girls really was. At this point all the girls were practically fooling around, not entirely interested in what was going on in front. But when the third paper flew out of the goblet, and Dumbledore spoke loud and clear, all three of them snapped up wide eyed and mouths open.

"Cedric Diggory from our own, Hogwarts!" Alexandrina was in a standstill while her eyes widened, Cedric walked up to the front to stand next to Dumbledore, a small grin on his face as people clapped and patted him on his back.

Fleming and Darcy looked at her wearily, knowing fully what happened between the two that one day so many years ago. Alexandrina stayed still, shocked for a second before snapping out of it once again, ignoring the feeling she was getting in the pit of her stomach.

She gave a slight nod to Darcy and Fleming reassuring them that she was okay. But something even more peculiar happened when Dumbledore was giving his final speech. Another piece of parchment flew out of the goblet and floated to Dumbledore.

"Harry Potter" he first whispered before screaming it even louder, obviously enraged.

"That bloody Potter has done it again hasn't he, cheating his way to attention" Draco Malfoy spoke up a few seats away from where Alexandrina was sitting, making her roll her eyes.

"Oh shut up you little weasel, you can't be talking, you didn't find a way to put your coward arse's name in the goblet and he did" Alexandrina's little outburst was something no one in Slytherin ever experienced. She was known as the Hufflepuff Slytherin to them, a girl sorted into the wrong house. But her outburst showed them just how snarky the girl could be.

She heard a few gasps but it didn't matter because she stood up and practically ran out of the Great Hall feeling nauseous all of a sudden. Cedric watched her run wanting to follow her, worried and confused, but he had already been whisked away to the opposite door.

//