09.

"Okay Cedric this is just highly irritating now" Alexandrina put the large egg down on the table, "It just keeps screaming at me!"

"Well it screams at me too" Cedric laughed when she plopped down in a chair, huffing as she glared at the egg.

"How is a screaming egg supposed to help you find out what the second task is?" Alexandrina said, "Like bloody hell what are you going to do? Fight a bunch of eggs?!"

Cedric only chuckled loudly at her, and Alexandrina's sour gaze fixed on Cedric, smiling at the way his eyes crinkled when he laughed hard.

For the past two weeks the two of them have been meeting, trying to figure out what to do with the egg, that continuously screeched every time it was open. Each day Cedric's charm continued to make its way into her heart, and she continuously denied what she was feeling, and told herself that the past could not repeat itself.

The minute he stopped laughing and looked at her, she made her sour face again, "The Second Task isn't even until February, besides Alex, we've both got the Yule Ball to worry about now, its in three days!"

Alexandrina groaned, "Bloody hell Ced, why'd you have to bring that up now?"

"Because I was wondering if you had a date?" Cedric looked up at her from his eyelashes, and for a long second he waited.

Alexandrina panicked, "I do actually!" Alexandrina lied before she had a chance to even think about it. "Why are you asking?"

"Well-um I-actually Will wanted to go with you, so I was just checking to see-well obviously you have a date and I'll tell him" Cedric stumbled over his words, completely startled and slightly upset. Actually very upset. "I have a date already"

"Oh really, who?"

"Cho Chang" Cedric lied in between his teeth, he hadn't asked Cho yet, but now that he knew Alexandrina's answer, he would. Cedric didn't even want to know who Alexandrina was going with, he knew he would be even more upset if he knew.

"Lovely girl, she's very lucky to go with the Cedric Diggory" The tension was thick as both Alexandrina and Cedric began to test one another.

"Your date is extremely lucky with you" Cedric frowned slightly, "Save me a dance?"

"I will" Alexandrina let her gaze soften as she looked at Cedric and he looked back at her, both completely oblivious to the facts right in front of them. "Anyway! You're right, we should take a break for a bit, we'll pick up the sessions right after the Ball okay?"

"Yeah sure, anything you say Alex" Cedric watched as Alexandrina tore her gaze away from him and stood up quickly. She gathered her books and bid him a small wave before watching her whisk out of the Room of Requirements.

/

"Want to go to this stupid ball with me?" Alexandrina asked when she approached Harry Potter who was sitting with Ron Weasley outside. She saw Ron choke on whatever he was eating and was about to help him before he stopped.