03.

year 1994

year 1994

That first night back at Hogwarts was different. And Alexandrina couldn't tell whether it was good or bad.

She made her way to the Great Hall, Darcy and Fleming walking with her. A new aura radiated off of her, and the waves of long blonde hair and green and black robes flew behind her, a book about dragons in her left hand, her wand in her pocket, and her head held high. A small smile played on her lips as she heard the stupid joke Fleming said, and she shook her heard lightly, her gray eyes twinkling.

All around her students whispered, and Slytherins besides her friends and the Quidditch team tried to speak with her.

But it was because Alexandrina went from being a short, kind of pudgy girl who always tripped over her own feet, to a graceful woman who stood just over 5'7, tall and beautiful. She now became physically seen to the eye.

"Alex I think everyone's looking at you"

"No shit Darc, she looks like one of them things in the Black Lake" Fleming joked trying to get her friend mad, but Alexandrina only laughed incredibly loudly, attracting more looks from a few people around them.

The three girls gossiped and giggled for a bit, the others in the Great Hall doing the same, before Headmaster Dumbledore and the other professors entered the Hall, quieting everyone.

Professor McGonagall entered with the first years who all wore astonished facial expressions, obviously excited about being here at Hogwarts.

But for Alexandrina, the Sorting Ceremony always put her in a quiet mood, because it reminded her about Cedric and what she lost. Darcy and Fleming always noticed that she became terribly quiet the first few hours of being back at Hogwarts, yet they still acted normally knowing their friend would hate their babying.

Once it was done, Dumbledore stood up in the center of the room behind a rather large box, and began to speak, "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been choosen-" Flint comes scurrying down the pathway and whispers something to Dumbledore, people giggling at his frazzled state. Once he went away from the front of the room, Dumbledore continued, "So Hogwarts has been choosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament!" A bunch of students started to chatter in excitement, one of them being Alexandrina who sat up looking more lively.

Dumbledore continued, "Quiet! Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if choosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime!"