02.

"Come on Alex! We're gonna be late!"

It was the end of summer, and the Quidditch World Cup was happening in mere hours. Alexandrina was at her friend, Fleming's house packing the last of her things. Because in a few days, she would be heading back to Hogwarts for her fifth year.

Alexandrina finished packing the last of her school trunk, and picked up a backpack that was sitting next to it.

"I'm here, I'm here" She put the left strap over her shoulder and rolled her eyes at her best friends who were giggling to each other excitedly. "Blimey you two seem more excited about Quidditch than me! And I bloody play it!"

"Don't be silly, you know the Irish players are absolutely beautiful" The two girls sighing at the thought, making Alexandrina snort with laughter. "Besides, don't lie and say you're internally screaming"

Alexandrina became friends with Darcy Hadens and Fleming Junes two weeks into her first year, when she finally decided to suck up her feelings and explore Slytherin and Hogwarts freely. They were her floor mates and were quite possibly the only Slytherins who accepted her for living in the muggle world.

Alexandrina rolled her eyes, "Let's just go before you die from a spasm"

year 1991 

"Oh how exciting Alex! You're a seeker!" Darcy exclaimed as she hugged her friend who stood in the common room nervous. The Slytherin team had held an emergency tryouts, for the seeker position. The seeker they had previously had injured herself to such an extent, she was unable to play anymore. Fleming and Darcy somehow convinced the girl to go to the tryouts, and the next thing she knew, she was sitting on a borrowed broom terrified. She only had a meager knowledge of how the game worked, but the two girls claimed she was gifted on a broom. 

"I'm not sure how I did that" Alexandrina had caught the snitch in exactly five minutes and fifty two seconds, and she became the new Slytherin Seeker. "What if I can't do it again?!"

"Well you better hope you do, we play Hufflepuff in an hour" Marcus Flint came up to her and handed her a broom. "You probably don't have your own bloody broom so take my old one"

"T-thank you" Alexandrina whispered as she ran her fingers over the bumps and grooves lining the broom. When she was up there zooming and turning, Alexandrina felt so comfortable with the air and aura around her. It was like she had finally found her place.

"Just don't make us lose" Marcus gave a sneer, "If you do, you're off"

"Go Alex!" Fleming and Darcy cheered as they saw her come out onto the field with the rest of the Slytherin team. She looked nervous and looked around the stands watching all the students cheer hungrily. She was the shortest on the team, for everyone else was at least a fourth year and stood well over 5'5. Alexandrina stood out with her small pudgy stance standing at around 5'0. But it was her physical qualities that made everyone wonder how this girl made her way onto the team.