12.

"I've got it!" Cedric came out of the Black Lake, drenched and holding the golden egg proudly in his arms, "But I can't remember the full song"

"Well then you have to go back in!"

"Merlin no! It's bloody freezing Alex" Cedric stood in front of her shivering, so Alexandrina took her wand out and shot a spell to warm him up. Not as intensely as before however, "Say the prefect bathroom, no one uses that, I'll just go there"

Alexandrina gave him a small nod in approval, "Well at least tell me what you do remember!'

Alexandrina waited for Cedric to come back from his bath up on the 5th floor. She sat in the library, finishing up her Charms essay, when he walked in, a stained parchment in hand.

"How was your bath Ceds?" Alexandrina teased, but the only thing Cedric could focus on was the new nickname she created.

"It was enlightening" Cedric replied smiling at the girl in front of him. "Except I forgot Moaning Myrtle stays up in there"

Alexandrina laughed at this, remembering Harry tell her about a time in his first year, "I've heard she's quite terrifying"

"Quite a ghost" Cedric remembered, shaking his head at the memories. "What are you doing?"

"I was finishing up my Charms essay until you came in" Alexandrina rested her head on her arms as she looked at Cedric.

"Do you need any help?" Cedric offered, already knowing the answer to his question. Alexandrina was amazing at Charms.

"Good one Ced" Alexandrina burst out laughing, leaning forward on her arms, Cedric doing the same, mockingly almost. "Let me see that parchment"

"I wrote down the words so I wouldn't forget" Cedric handed her the wrinkly parchment that held is rushed handwriting.

"I can't bloody read this" Alexandrina scoffed before handing back the parchment, "Just read it to me, it'll be more exciting that way anyway"

Cedric laughed at her but obliged, "Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground" Cedric recited, the melodic voice filling his mind once more, "The voices were angelic, I've never heard anything like it"

She thought for a moment, "Angelic voices you say? Perhaps, maybe siren voices?" Alexandrina put together the first piece that was missing from the equation, what angelic voice couldn't sing above the ground. Mermaids. "Your next task is a bloody mermaid"

"A mermaid?" Cedric made a face, not exactly sure if that was correct, "I have to go against a mermaid?"

Alexandrina rolled her eyes, "No I mean your ask has something to do with a mermaid!"

"Well mermaids are water based creatures, and can't come out to land" Cedric tried to remember what he was taught about mermaids. "Unless it has something to do with water"