Chapter 16

A long chapter, finally a long chapter xD. Hope you hiddlestoners are still enjoying the story!

-Eliza xoxoxo

************

“Hey Charlie,” I say with a smile as I open the door for him, “Jaz isn’t expecting you so just surprise her.

            He grins and Tom walks in after him. “Tom?” I ask a little surprised.

            “Tom offered me a ride here.” Charlie says before I point him to Jaz’s room. He rushes upstairs; Tom and I watch expectantly. A few seconds later I hear excited squealing, “Charlie?! Oh my god!” Then I hear laughter and tears fill my eyes. I hate acting like such a girl but I don’t care because the sound of my sister laughing is priceless.

            “Are you okay?” Tom asks. I nod and smile at him. He smiles back, staring at me with those crinkling eyes that seem to be laughing even though every trace of his smile are gone by now.

            “Listen Sia, I’m sorry that I freaked out when I found the test. I will not say anything to anyone, I promise.”

            I feel as if a heavy weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I’m so grateful that I wrap my arms around him without hesitation. “Thank you, thank you so much Tom.”

            He nods, taken a little by surprise, and he kisses the top of my head. I step away from him, “Have you heard anything about Ally?”

            He shakes his head, “No, but don’t worry. She was probably sick.”

            I nod, “I need to talk to you about something Tom.” We walk up to my room and shut the door.

            “What is it?” He asks.

            I tell him about how I always thought that something was going on in the hospital but never really focused on it. I tell him about Natasha too and everything that I know.

            After I’m done talking he sits down on my bed thinking over everything that I just said. After ten minutes of silence I wonder if he believes me. When I put all the pieces together I didn’t question it for a second but he is.

            “Do you need a few days to think about it?” I ask him.

            “No, no…I just need a few moments.” He answers with a faraway look on his face.

            “Okay, uh, if you don’t mind I’ll take a shower while you think.” He nods and walks out of my room in a daze.

            After almost an hour I walk into my room again in a towel and I see Tom there. Shit. He looks at me and I run into my closet. I come back a few moments later wearing a hoodie and a pair of shorts. I brush my hair with the comb but I can’t really get the back part. After struggling for what seems to be hours in front of the mirror, I sigh and sit on the bed in front of him tying my hair into a knot.

            “Have you been able to think?” I ask.

            “I am having a hard time processing this,” he says suddenly, “ but I believe you Sia. We both want what’s best for Jazmine and I know that you would never lie to me about something this serious. I know that you would never joke around with something like this. So, I have decided to agree with you…I still have some doubts but I can see your point.”

            I sigh. Oh well, that’s better than him not believing me at all.

            I open my eyes when he’s done, which are suddenly heavy, and turn to Tom, “Thank you for believing me.” He nods and I touch my wet pony tail.