Chapter 17

I'm finally out of school! So I will have time to edit the story and upload the remaining chapters. Thank you readers, followers and voters. I cannot stop thanking you!

-Eliza xoxo

****************

Adam didn’t come to school today so I texted him. He said he had the flu so he couldn’t come. I sent him a get well text and then I left my phone home for the day.

            I plan to break up with him now for real. It’s not like I think Tom will want to be with me again but he’s right, I don’t love Adam and Adam doesn’t make me happy.

            Allison invites me to her table for lunch during Biology class and I agree. She looks a lot better today and she’s acting like her usual self so I don’t ask her what happened that day.

             She’s sitting with three girls and two guys by the time I get outside. They’re nice to me and they don’t really bombard me with questions and they don’t seem to mind I’m crashing their table.

            “…oh yes that’s so cool that we have him in class…” Allison says, “Sia actually knows him.”

            All eyes fall on me and I know that she’s talking about Tom. “Um yes, I met him once. He’s really nice.”

            “Lucky that you have drama class in ten minutes,” one of the girls says, “we’re stuck in French Literature with this old teacher.”

            Ten minutes? I excuse myself and run to the bathroom. I check my makeup and wash my hands because I’m sure they smell like hamburger.

            “Sia,” Allison walks in and sees me standing in front of the mirror, “oh hey, are you okay?”

            “Yeah why?” I ask her with a smile.

            “Well you ran off…” she stops and sniffs the air, “did you spray perfume on yourself?”

            “Um, yes?” I say.

            “You like Tom or something?” She asks.

            “No.” I answer quickly but she knows I’m lying. She laughs.

            “It’s okay Sia, I was just asking. He seems to like you too.”

            I smile at myself in the mirror. As we walk to drama class I tell her that we used to date. She starts to act like a fan girl yelling about how awesome it is.

            Ally is a good friend. We just met but she’s nice and she’s happy for me which feels nice for a change. I never really had any close friends and I guess everyone needs a friend to rely on.

            I take a deep breath and she says, “You look really good today, maybe because you’re actually smiling.”

            I roll my eyes at her. When we enter the class she asks me about my brother. “He does study here but he takes advanced classes but we’re going to graduate together.”

            She nods, “Does he have a girlfriend?”

            I laugh, “You like my brother?”

            “He’s cute.” She says.

            “He just broke up with her, so no.” I could actually see them together.