Chapter 22

Just a short chapter, than you for reading! And again, this chapter is PG-13 and it will stay like that xD

-Eliza xoxo

***********************

                I’m too far away from the station now to go back and it would be stupid to ask them not to go see Adam. I decide to text Tom and tell him that I’m going home.

            When I get there Jazmine is sitting in the living room watching The Walking Dead with Tobias.

            They look concerned when they see me walk in. “Sia, what happened?”

            “I went to the police station.” I tell them. Tobias turns the TV off.

            “Why didn’t you call me? I could’ve gone with you.”

            “I don’t know, I’m sorry.” When I look at both of them the lump seems to grow and tears fall down my cheeks. Tobias leads me to the couch and I sit between them saying everything that happened. Jaz starts crying too and when I’m done both of them hold me as silent tears fall down my cheeks and stain their shirts. They try to stay in control for me and they just hug me as tight as they can but it seems the harder the hug me the more lost I feel.

            The sky turns dark and we still haven’t moved from the couch and the tears still fall. I hear the door open and think it’s my mom but it’s Tom.

            “What happened?” He asks. Gosh what is it about his voice that makes me want to cry? I gasp and cover my face as images of that night dance in my head. I guess I never really thought about what happened before, maybe a couple of times but this time I had to say it aloud. Saying it aloud only brought the images to life.

            “They can’t help me.” I say.

            Tobias goes to talk with Tom to the kitchen and I just sit there beside Jazmine trying not to break down. The knot keeps getting bigger though.

            “What do they mean by they can’t help her?!” I hear Tom hiss at Tobias.

           “I don’t know, there is no evidence and no witnesses who could confirm anything.” Tobias answers.

            I hear Tom sigh and then I hear him slam his fist against the table. “What can we do Tom?”

            “I don’t know, but if it takes beating the confession out of that bastard I will have to do it then.”

            After a while Tom comes back to the room and kneels next to me. “Love, come here. You have to rest.”

            Jazmine gives me a tight hug before Tom scoops me up into his arms and carries me to my room. He sets me on my feet and I look at him after he closes the door behind us.

            “You were right, I should’ve told someone earlier. Now they will probably go talk to Adam and god knows what he’s going to do to me.” I say shakily.

            “I won’t let him do anything to you.” He says.

            “But he…” A choked sob escapes my mouth and I cover it as more and more sobs start coming out. The fear makes my stomach clench painfully and I bend down clutching it. Sobs shake my whole body violently and suddenly I can’t stop them. I’m on my knees feeling pathetic and stupid for crying over something that happened a long time ago. I hate myself for being so weak and I hate myself for feeling self-pity. I’m just pathetic right now.

            “Why?” I ask. “Why am I like this? Why did that happen to us?” I’m talking about the accident, which leads me to think about how Tom said that he lost me that day. I don’t remember how I used to be before but he obviously misses the girl who I used to be. I wish I could give her back to him.

            Tom holds me without saying a word. I hug myself tight trying to get a hold of my thoughts but they are flying everywhere. Through the blur of my tears I can see Tom’s face that reflects my pain and somehow that brings me some comfort.

            I can tell that the sounds of my sobs hurt him but yet, he stays with me. When my arms are too sore from grabbing myself so hard, he is the one holding me together.

            He grabs my face in his hands and wipes my damp cheeks with his thumbs and puts his forehead against mine, closing his eyes.

            My shaky breaths make him grimace. His grip tightens and then I see a tear roll down his cheek. I frown and he opens his eyes, I see tears swimming in them and that’s when I understand that he’s feeling pain. For me…he’s feeling for me.

            He is starting to breathe faster as he fights to control himself so he grabs the back of my neck and I feel his hands fist together. My tears finally manage to stop flowing and I stare at him struck by seeing him so vulnerable in front of me. I touch his face and the grimace disappears into a saddened expression that mirrors mine. I wipe his tear and he presses his face against my palm.

            He does really care about me. It’s not like I didn’t believe him, it’s more like I never could understand why but it’s for the simple fact that he loves me.

            “I’m going to be okay,” I tell both of us.

            He looks at me. “I will be okay because you’re here with me. I know you’re here you don’t have to prove it.” I tell him.

            He nods, “Yes you are.” He smiles sadly and I think it’s the most touching sight I’ve ever seen. “I need to know that you believe everything I have said over the past days.”

            I smile, and nod, “I do believe it now.”