9

it's been two months now since brendon and sarah adopted me and honestly i've loved every moment of it. tammys bullying was horrible still but she told me not to say anything. i felt really bad but i wanted to do what she wanted.

the red head had been pissing me off a lot. i did my best to keep away from her though. some other people had asked me about being related to brendon but i kept saying no. someone even went to the principle and asked for my file! she then found out about my harassment and said if it ever happens again then they get excluded.

today brendon was taking me to see josh and his daughter (hahaha im putting mariah in this book). josh had also adopted a year ago. a girl. my age. she was british like me to which was a bit weird but oh well (i forgot to mention i was british aha...london...)

i got up and ready into this:

i went downstairs and had some breakfast then brendon came downstairs in his jeans

i went downstairs and had some breakfast then brendon came downstairs in his jeans. "hey girl!" he ruffled my hair. "thanks for emphasising that i'm a fucking girl" i said awkwardly. he knew i didn't like being a girl but it didn't matter. "hey. your my girl" he says. "i thought sarah was" i retorted. "i'm allowed two!"

but after he ate, we fed the dogs and played with them for a bit and he checked on sarah (he let her sleep in - he's an angel) we headed out. i was excited to meet josh dun. JOSH DUN. also, brendon thought i would get along with his daughter mariah.

we made it outside a pretty house and brendon rang the doorbell. a short girl with long brown hair and glasses opened the door. "my best friend is here josh!" she yelled. "what do you want?" she asks brendon. "i'm not even here for you" he folded his arms.  "it's so great to see you!" she jumped up and down and hugged my Dad. "she's bipolar" brendon says to me, rolling his eyes and smiling. "don't say that!" i exclaim. "no literally. she has a bipolar disorder" he says. "ohhh"

"hi. you must be lana! i'm mariah!" she says. "nice to meet you" i say. "ahhh british like me! i'm gassed!" she jumped. "same fam!" i smiled. "finally someone who gets my british slang! what part?" she asks me. "london. east" i replied. "fucking same!" she says. "mariah! language!" and holy grail josh dun came out.

"is he this insanely gorgeous in real life?" i asked her. "yeah. i'm allowed to say that though he's my dad" she replied. "hey josh!" brendon and josh shared a hug. "this is my daughter lana" brendon introducers. "she's adorable" he replied. "wow josh i am standing right here!" mariah exclaims. "oh you don't care!" he smiled, putting his hand on her shoulder. "yeah i don't. hey let's go inside! i'll show you my room and we can hang out as i hate getting stuck into old people bull crap" mariah pulled me into the house and up the stairs. "well. they're getting along just fine"

mariah took me to her room and flung the door open. it was really pretty! she had lots of photos up of her with people. i sniffled as i looked at them. she was loved. photos of her with josh, tyler, jenna, my parents, her dog, penny and bogart, friends..."hey what's wrong?" she asks. "nothing" i replied. "liar" she shut her door and turned her music on. "they won't hear" she said.

"c'mon tell little me what's bugging you" she got some drinks out of her mini fridge. "i'm a jealous bitch" i admitted, comfortable in the atmosphere. "is that it? same! my friend hayley got a boyfriend and him and her are adorable! me and megan - our other friend - get super jealous! i've never been loved in that way and i want it. but...eh fuck it" she stopped, looking upset. "you have great friends. and you get on well with my parents" i said quickly. "yeah. your parents have been so lovely to me" she smiled. "your lucky to have them. they're awesome" she added.

"aww thank you!" brendon walked in and we shrieked. "asshat!" mariah yelled. "uhh who are you calling an asshat, short ass?" he said giving her attitude. "watch me shank your ass boo!" she poked him and he fell to the floor screaming. "she hurt me!" my father fake cried. "mariah have you beaten up brendon again?" josh walked in and saw brendon's fake agony. "oops" she smiled. then they all laughed. "see? you dads awesome" she whispered to me. "and he loves you lots" she added.

"no no no no no! stop!" mariah yelled at the top of her lungs. "mariah it's fine!" i giggled, shoving the ketchup bottle in her face. she shrieked and ran away. "ketchup makes me gag. literally" josh chuckled as he went after his daughter. after carrying her back into here why she cried for justice, i put the bottle down as me and brendon laughed. "it's not even funny!" she exclaimed, sitting down. "sorry" we stopped and it went quiet. then we all bursted out laughing again.

"so what's your story?" i asked. josh and brendon went to the garden to play with jim. me and mariah were sitting on the couch with drinks. mariah was biting her nails and staring into space. i pulled her hand down. "what do you mean?" she whispered. "just you. in general. you get me don't you?" i ask nervously. she sat up and nodded.

"my parents neglected me. horrible it was. i got verbally and emotionally abused daily. i had depression, anxiety, ocd and bipolar disorder and they didn't care. i was bullied in school since year 1 all the way up till... a few months ago. eventually i put myself up for adoption and josh came and got me a few years later. i'm a 6 months clean from self harm. i tried to commit suicide and tyler saved me...is this boring you?" she asked. "no! never!" i insist. "your go" she said.

"physical and verbal abuse. bullying. one of my teachers saw my bruises and i was put into care. i have depression and anxiety to. i've been clean from self harm for two months. that's it really" i shrugged. "i'm proud of you. two months clean? that's effort" she said. "thank you" we shared a hug, gripping onto each other and not wanting to let go.