31

i'd woken up in brendon and sarah's bed. i stirred slightly, confused. "lana?" it was brendon. he clutched my hand tighter and sniffled. was he crying!?

"why am i not dead?" i whispered. his eyes widened. "w-what?" he stammered. "n-no lana! y-your not supposed to be dead!" he exclaimed. "but..." i trailed off and bursted into tears.

"aw lana" he sat next to me and hugged me while i sobbed. "i-i'm sorry" i whispered. "hey. don't be upset okay? your alive and your going to be okay. i promise" he said. "how do you know?" i wept. "because we're going to help you. we're not letting you be hurt anymore" he said, wiping my eyes gently. "your going to make me cry" he smiled, tears in his eyes.

"hey sweetie" sarah walked in with a bag. she sat on the other side of me, tears rolling down her cheeks. "i'm so glad your alive" she whispered. "don't feel left out. your babe is crying" i said to brendon who chuckled in response but shed no tears.

after that i had a shower and got into an oversized panic! hoodie and leggings. i sat in the living room quietly with the dogs while my parents made breakfast and talked.

then there was a knock at the door. i opened it to see mariah and josh. she had tears rolling down her cheeks. we embraced each other with hugs. "i'm so glad your alive" she mumbled, crying softly.

we sat on the floor in the living room and watched Riverdale. we talked and laughed and had snacks. it was so nice to be able to have someone i loved with me. then the doorbell rang again. brendon went to get it and came in with maddie!

i ran and hugged my girlfriend as she cried. everyone awed making us blush. "hey no don't embarrass the adorable lesbians! let them kiss and make out!" mariah said. "mariah!" i exclaimed. "i'm saving your ass!" she laughed.

it was so amazing having my cousin, girlfriend, parents and uncle with me. it really was. i knew i was loved. sure there wasn't many people. but i still knew that they cared and i didn't have to stress anymore.

we moved a little earlier. maddie cried when i has to go but we promised to visit each other. she would be here in Inglewood and i'd be down in Santa Monica. me and jade hugged and she promised she'd try to keep in touch. she was a very academic student so i didn't know if she would be on 24/7. i hugged tammys mom and her siblings. they told me we should come over some day. ryan kissed my cheek. maddie didn't mind though. she knew he was just being sweet.

and we were off. we loved the new house more than the old one and i was able to make my new room the same as my old one.

maybe things could be good now?
it was a new start.