6

As soon as my eyes fluttered open this morning they were closed just as quick.
I dreaded getting up, I was so comfy and warm I didn't want to leave my bed. But I did, since I made plans with Beverly to go shopping today. So, I got up and trudged over to my closet. Grabbing a black (of course) crop top and a pair of sweats, walking downstairs and skipping breakfast, fully aware that we were gonna grab something to eat when we went out, so I just grabbed a drink of water and headed back upstairs to put my hair in a messy bun and grab my wallet and shoving it in my backpack along with my camera in case I wanted to take a picture of something. It had been three weeks since anyone has talked to Eddie, and since anyone besides Bev and I talked to Bill. everyone was still pretty pissed about Neibolt.
I walked back downstairs to put on my sneakers and ran out the door, hopping on my bike and pedalling to Beverly's apartment.
Once I got there I noticed her perched on the fire escape and ran down to greet me when she noticed I was there.
"Hey hey hey" I greeted her, wrapping my arms around Bev's neck and she returned the gesture only to greet me as well.
"Hey n/n!" She beamed at me, we headed for my favourite clothes store.
We reached the little store and hopped off of our bikes, leaning them against the building and heading inside.
We both went to check out the jeans, I obviously went for black and ripped, since that was my style. "So Bevvie, have you hung out with any stuttering sweethearts lately?" I asked curiously, smirking mischievously.
"Yeah, yesterday actually, we got ice cream and hung out at the quarry, but we didn't swim" she explained, sighing dreamily right after she finished her sentence. "What about you? You hang out with any glasses wearing Trashmouth lately?" She retorted, picking up a pair of black jeans, examining them and putting them back.
"Well, not since last week when he wanted to go to the arcade, we didn't go to the arcade though, I didn't want to so we just ended up walking around town and talking shit about things we don't like." I said, shoving a pair of jeans back into the pile of ones exactly like that pair and finding something better. "I've hung out with him twice out of the six times he's asked me. I guess I don't know what to say when we hang out, so I make up excuses not to go" I continue, looking at her and frowning,cane just shrugged sympathetically.
"well, promise me that if he asks you to hang out again, you'll say yes. I know you want to, and you need to stop being so afraid of getting hurt. I know you can't help it, but you need to get out there a little more, it'll do you some good" she said, punching my shoulder after saying it'll do me some good. "I know Bev, but I'm just so afraid." I say quietly, picking my words carefully, not sure why though.
"Yeah I know, but promise me n/n" she says holding out her pinky, for a pinky swear of course.
I sighed exaggeratedly "fine, whatever" I say shaking pinkys with her.
She gasps and turns around to show me something.
"TRY IT ON" she demands, I give her a mean scowl and look at her pleading eyes before tearing the black dress out of her hands and walked to the change room. I came out nota even a minute later with the dress on and Beverly stared.
"In all the time I've known you, I've never ever seen you in a dress" she commented smiling.
"I know, cause I hate them and they fucking suck" I mutter so only she can hear.
"But you look so pretty" she argues, gesturing to me. I smiled sheepishly, before hiding my blush.
"Thanks but dresses are at really my thing" I said, looking at her with honest eyes.
"Did you even look in the mirror?" She asks, raising her eyebrows questioningly.
"No, I don't wanna see myself in a dress it's a nightmare." I tell her chuckling
"Have you ever even tried on the dresses in your closet?" She asked laughing slightly, and shaking her head.
"Well...no cause I don't like dresses" I muttered, pushing a strand of hair out of my face.
"Go look in the mirror" she demanded, pointing at a mirror mounted onto the wall. I groaned, walking over to it and looking myself up and down. I frowned but then it faded. I didn't hate it.