21

I smiled at the boy, waving enthusiastically at me as I closed the door to my house, walking upstairs quietly, in hopes of no one noticing I was there at all. I really hate explaining things to people. And I know that I'm gonna have to explain to Beverly about Richie and I's kiss, and the entire day, in general. Oh god I'm not excited. Not excited at all. I slowly make my way upstairs, trying to miss the places I've realized are creaky.

I smile to myself as I successfully reach my room without being noticed. I close my door soundlessly and sit on my bed, smiling as think about today. I'm so happy. I was deep in thought, which is the cause for the girl leaning in the door frame smirking.

"So, why you trying to make your presence go unnoticed?" Beverly laughs, as she stands straight and walks towards my bed, perching on the edge lightly.

"I'm not?" I question, totally understanding what she's talking about though.

"You are! I saw you outside with Richie, but I thought you were hanging out with Zane, so something is definitely going on....spill it" She tells me, giving me an inquisitive look, serious, almost hardened and piercing.

"Yeah, well, shit went down and Richie needed me and then more shit went down and then the most shit went down and then Richie and I hung out instead. good enough explanation for ya? it is for me, lovely chat now, cya!" I tell her cheerily, waving and trying to push her out of my room.

"What happened? Come on! I wanna know more than ever now!" she whines, holding her ground from my attempt at a big push. It almost worked....Almost.....I swear.

"Okay, Shit! So, before we get into...all that...Richie and I, are...d a t i n g........." I say, giving her a weird look when she has no reaction. But a moment later she screams loudly in excitement and jumps up and down.

"I TOLD YOU YOUR PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER!!! SUCK IT Y/N!" she shouts at me, earning a small laugh from myself and a punch in the shoulder.

"dude, shut up" I warn, scoffing.

"EXPLAIN THEN.....NOW" she says, trying to calm down. So, I tell her the tale. In full detail. She screamed the odd time, but then continued attempting to keep her composure. I give a meek smile when I finish explaining what had happened today. She thought it was 'absolutely adorable' and that she would 'totally ship it forever'. God fucking dammit Bevvie. Like really? I love ya, but really? I guess so.

And a little while later. We were asleep on the couch after watching movies for the rest of the night.

The rest of the weekend went by pretty good. Richie and I hung out at the arcade. And I totally kicked his ass at street fighters. obviously people! but, of course he disagreed. But I won! Asshat just can't admit that!

At the moment I'm walking to school, with Bevvie of course. I was in a happy mood today, laughing with Beverly and telling jokes to her. She was excited to talk to Richie.

I am not so happy anymore. only kidding. But in all seriousness. Oh Lord help. I looked up at the building in front of us. Labeled as school. Or hell as most people call it.

We smiled and ran towards our group of friends, screaming. just like the other day. No words, just random screeches. They laughed as we stopped in front of them, grinning.
"S-so, y/n r-Richie told us all about y-you and him...and how it h-h-happened" Stutters out, with a smile, of course.
I give him a short one in return before speaking. "Yeah yeah, what about you and Bev? It's two weeks till Halloween and it's been since August and no one has made it official?" I tease nudging him.
He blushes intensely and looks away from Beverly.
Of course her cheeks aren't lacking a dusty pink shade either.
Not even close.
I laugh a little.
"Y-you're right n-n. S-so...B-Beverly? You wanna make it official? C-cause I really do" he says sneaking a glance from his worn out sneakers to Beverly's face, who is totally shocked.
"Yeah...of course I wanna make it official!" She hollers excitedly.
I give a small happy scream and jump up and down.
"I did it! I did it!" I chant ecstatically.
My jumping and cheering doesn't cease until Richie laughs and holds my shoulders in place, giving a warm, sincere smile and hugging me tightly.
(Why is this actually the relationship y'all probably want....)
"Ew ca we keep the PDA to a minimum guys?" Stan jokes as e gives a light hearted laugh and turns back to the rest of the group.
"I know who's hair I'll be fucking up later" I whisper more to myself than anyone else.
"Haha you do that hotstuff, I'll just be looking at your sweet ass while you do so" he smirks flirtatiously as his eyebrows wiggle slightly.
I let out a sigh and turn back to the group.
They were all talking about cake....don't ask why...long story...
The bell rings and the whole group turns towards the school.
Sighing all at the same time and laughing about it.
We walk inside and head towards our lockers.
Eddie and I walking to our first period class, arms latched into each other's.
Just in case of being dragged off into the crowd.
"You know, Richie had a crush on you since you moved here? That's four years now" Eddie informs me absent mindedly.
I give him a puzzled look and shrug.
"Well, at least he doesn't ha e to wait anymore, or be unsure if I like him back. Cause...it's pretty clear I like him back" I beam, thinking about Richie being silent about his crush on me.
Seems weird.
And so totally unlike himself.
I'm intrigued.