11

The next morning my eye lids fluttered open and were flooded with the brilliant sun shining through my window.
I looked over, feeling a presence beside me as everything from yesterday came flooding to thought.
I smiled as I remembered how he didn't like that I was away from him.
I looked at his closed eyes.
we were still touching, close together with his hand still on my waist tightly, but not painfully. Making sure I didn't disappear from him, as though if he let me go I would slip away from him. And he would lose me to the darkness in my head. Although.
I would never know about this. Because he knew deep in his heart there was no chance anyone could ever care about him as much he had always wished for.
Richie looked at other family's and just saw what himself and his own family could never be.
All he saw when he looked in the mirror was the fragile little boy he had been when he was younger.
And what he wished he wasn't.
He just wished his parents would be proud of him.
But for the moment, we was at peace. Sleeping silently, the only sound to be heard was his breathing as he held y/n closer tightening his grip on her slightly.
I kept my hand intertwined with his free one as I later my head back down on my pillow and tried counting his freckles.
I didn't get very far before I got bored. Massacre waddled up to where we were from the end of my bed where we left her last night.
She payed down behind me, her little figure pressed up against my back as I smiled at how adorable she is.
"Heyyyy, I wanna get up, you have to let go" I whispered as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as Richie groaned and started to stir silently.
He moved and adjusted his laying position ever so slightly, but didn't let me go.
Sighed quietly and squeezed his hand slightly.
"Well, I'm getting up" I informed him, moving to get up he whined, obviously protesting.
"Noooo, your warm" he complained, still half asleep, probably not even fully aware of what he was doing.
"Come on Richie, I wanna get up" I pouted and sat up, letting go of his hand and walking to my closet.
"Ugghhhmmmmmmmppppphhhhhhhh" he whined, ribbing his eyes tiredly and sitting up.
"Why'd you have to move?" He asked, pretending to be upset. His voice was raspy and thick with sleep as he spoke. Making my heart flutter unintentionally. Obviously.
I chuckled slightly, and grabbed a black dress from my closet. Along with a belt. It was easy to slip on and off and I really don't mind dresses all that much anymore.
"Uuugggghhhhhh, I don't have any extra clothes" he continued complaining. I laughed and threw him a pair of my sweat pants that were too big for me. They were plain black and very comfortable
I threw him one of my brothers t shirts that happened to end up in my closet, don't ask, I don't even know how that happened. I told Richie to change in here while I changed in the bathroom.
I changed my clothes and brushed my hair and teeth.
I frowned in the mirror but let it go quickly, not wanting anything to disturb my somehow happy mood.
I walked back into my room and laughed as Richie sat on my bed in my sweatpants and brothers t shirt.
It didn't look bad, it was just kind of funny.
"Hey, you can wash your clothes in the quarry" I joked, grabbing my backpack and shoving my camera into it. I sat, perched on the edge of my bed and pulled his glasses off.
He didn't object. Just stared in my eyes calmly and let me take them.
I slid them onto my own face and batted my eyes lightly. His cheeks turned pink and he reached behind me.
I didn't move to object, but kept looking at him.
He reached into my backpack and grabbed my camera. Snapping a few pictures of me posing stupidly and laughing.
Him, directing me on how to pose.
"Okay, last photo, do whatever it is that makes you look even cuter" he instructed sternly.
I sat on my bed and brought the glasses down to end of my nose, holding them there I looked down and fluttered my eyelids shyly. He took a picture mid-flutter and showed me. Just as he had shown me every other picture right after he took them.
He took it out from the bottom of the camera and turned it towards me.
"This on has to be my favourite" he commented.
I smiled.
I took the camera and shoved it back in my bag. It was about nine thirty and I grabbed his arm and walked downstairs to pack snacks and eat breakfast.
I made pancakes and cooked them till the edges turned a golden brown. And flipped them.they were perfect and fluffy and tasted like the most fantastical thing ever. I finished off my pancakes, as did Richie and we left some for my dad for when he woke up.
My mom probably went shopping.
Just as I thought that the door opened and I looked down the hall to indeed, see my mother and brother holding grocery bags.
Richie decided to be a perfect child and grab the bag from my mom without a second thought and bring it into the kitchen fro her. Earning himself a polite 'thank you' from my mom and a warm smile.
I scowled at him, for doing what I should've done.
But I'm a difficult child.
A very difficult child.
I looked through the bags for snacks that I could possibly pack for the quarry. Nada.
Literally nothing I wanted to pack.
"Hey mom, Richie and I are going to hang out with the other losers" I said, biting into a strawberry.
She nodded "that's okay, also, I have something, one for you" she said, taking something out of her sweater pocket and handing them to me.
I gasped and scowled at her. Fucker.
She handed me two pictures of Richie and I totally asleep, clinging onto each other for dear life.
She laughed and started putting the groceries away. I shoved them in my bag before Richie could see them.
He was on his way over to me, probably to see what my mom gave me.
Yep.
"What'd she give ya?" He asked cheerily.
"Huh? Nothing, don't worry about it" I said, smiling cheekily turning away.
He grabbed my backpack, which was still attached to my back. And grabbed the photos out of my bag.
His face went pale.
Well....................paler...:)
His cheeks turned a pretty scarlet red and he looked back at me.
My cheeks started burning, and I knew they were probably redder than his.
He then started laughing, hysterically. "Toots, you know, your pretty cute when your asleep, y'know that?" He smiled and handed me one of the pictures back.
"What?" He asked, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "I'm keeping one, obviously. I'm framing it" he said.
"See, at least he can embrace that I just had to take pictures. I couldn't help myself! The moment was just perfect!" She exclaimed excitedly. Then turning away and mumbling something to herself, inaudible to my ears.
"Hah, let's go y/n" Richie said as he grabbed my hand and walked towards the door.
I shook his hand off. He just smirked and kept walking.
My mom laughed as I heard my brother cringe uncontrollably, and then tell my mother he was proud that I wasn't taking this 'hand holding shit' as he has literally said.
We put on our shoes and walked out the door.
We walked down the street, apparently Richie didn't bring his bike yesterday.
"So what are we gonna do for snacks now?" Richie asked me, looking down at me, from the two or three inches of height difference between us.
"don't worry, I have an idea but we should hurry, we don't wanna get there last" I shouted over my shoulder as I started running down the street.
"Um, okay" he said as he ran after me.
We got to the corner store where I was stealing from on Sunday. When Richie caught me stealing blades.
We walked in and I went through the steps in my head.
I smiled politely at the cashier, who was young. Only fourteen or fifteen. So, a year or two older than me. Something tells me, I could get Richie to steal while I talked to that very cute cashier boy.
I had four dollars on me. That's enough to by buy something here. I walked to the freezer box and grabbed a poppe shoppe, lime rickey of course, like always.
I informed Richie of the plan.
"No, I can't steal" he said quietly holding a finger in the air sternly.
"Too bad, Tozier" I whispered. I stopped suddenly. "Okay, pretend to argue with me, get angry at me and then when the cute young man over there comes to my 'rescue' I'll pay for my pop and you'll steal candy and snacks. Remember, don't take more than you can carry." I said sternly, I smiled.
"Oh god, fine." He whispered.
"Good, go!" I whisper shouted.
So Richie started yelling random nonsense at me.
"God y/n! Why can't you ever just pick something?!" He shouted frustratedly.
I pretended to frown and put a thumbs up as I saw the cashier look over here, worriedly. But didn't move from his spot.
"Come on, don't get mad, it's just...there's s-so much to choose from" I said, let me tell you I have always been quite the actress. I batted my eyes in nervousness. Looking worried.
"Come on! I always have to wait years for you to pick something!" He complained angrily.
"Richie...please stop shouting at me" I pleaded, backing away as he put his hand in my face.
"Hey! Come on dude, leave the girl alone, you've barely been here five minutes and your shouting at her" the cashier said, his voice sounding concerned for me as he walked over to me.
"What business is this of yours?" Richie asked rudely.
"Well, your shouting at this poor girl, what business isn't it of mine?" He said, as he stopped in front of me.
I fort priced my eyes to water, but not allowing a tear to slip.
I'm very good at acting. Always have been.
"Whatever" Richie rolled his eyes in aggravation.
"But something or get out" the young boy told him putting a hand on my shoulder and directing me away from Richie.
I looked back over my shoulder at Richie and smiled sweetly. He returned it with a grin.
Good job Tozier.
The cashier and I reached the counter and I stopped in front of it.
"You okay?" He asked me sweetly, dropping his hand from my shoulder.
"Mhm, I'm fine, he just has really bad anger issues" I informed the boy, lying through my white ass teeth.
He nodded slowly. "Still, he doesn't get to yell at you, he your boyfriend?" He asked curiously, my eyes widened at the questioned and I shook my head profusely
"Oh hell no, my best friend" I said, the shaking of my head ceased.
He laughed quietly "okay,  but still, don't take his crap, you seem to nice for it, and definitely too pretty" he flirted, failing at it. But it was a very cute attempt.
I chuckled slightly and nodded. "I won't next time."
"Good" he smiled, his teeth showing slightly as he did so.
This boy is beautiful.
I looked over at Richie with my eyes, but not moving my head, he was. Stuffing candy into his sweat pants.
"Uh, yeah I can pay for this" I said, smiling as I took a cigarette pack while he was looking, stuffing it in my knee high boot, which was unnoticeable considering I had practice stealing things without anyone noticing.
I'm a god at stealing. Literally.
"No no, sweets its okay" he said as he leaned over the counter towards me.
"Hm, thank you" I said warmly, although I was upset at the nickname, that's Richie's nickname for me, I don't like him calling me that.
"Anything for a pretty lady like yourself" he continued to flirt. God, he's cute.
My stomach felt sick, y'know in that good way when your flattered right?
"Oh? Pretty?" I asked, flirting back as I too leaned on the counter too, he was looking at my eyes, not even noticing me take another pack of cigarettes and raising my leg up and sliding it into my boot.
For Bev.