10

I had stayed home nearly all week since the Richie thing, it was Thursday now and I didn't want to do anything. He had come to my door twice a day since. I never answered it though, and neither did my brother. He only ever came when my mom was at work though. That's good at least.

I hadn't done any more damage to my wrists. But, it's okay. In fact my mind has been...mostly peaceful. But I took off my bracelets. I decided to go without them, even with the scars showing and being in short sleeves. I thought that since I went without them at my old school. I can do it here. But I keep worrying about my friends seeing them.
It's okay. I'll just wait till they fade to hangout with them. Which will be...a while. So I can't do that. I can just wear long sleeves when I'm around them? Yeah. Sure.

My dad had come home this week and although I hated him, I still loved and missed him too, you know?
It was around ten o'clock in the morning and I was sitting on my bed, in the corner sketching, a dog I wanted. My dad promised me that we would get a dog. And there was a puppy that I had my eye on and my dad was about to go out and get her. She's a dog de Bordeaux, she hasn't been named yet, and that's okay. She's a dark caramel colour and had piercing blue eyes that just melt your soul.
I was so focused on drawing the little thing that I didn't hear the light rasps on the door. My dad, was about to go out, but hadn't left yet. He had been putting his shoes on when there was a knock on the door, so, he opened it. Revealing a young boy with big, rimmed glasses and curly brown locks.
"Hi there, mr. L/n I assume?" The boy questioned.
"Yes, I assume your looking for y/n?" My dad asked, holding the door open politely for the boy to come in.
"It's nice to meet you sir" the young man held his hand out for the older man to shake, they shook hands and the young boy was instructed to go upstairs and to my room, because that's where I was.

I was wearing a nirvana crop top, and short shorts. Nothing special. But I was still in the corner of my bed, my tongue poking out of the corner of my mouth as I worked on my sketch. It was nearly complete, just a little more shading and it'd me perfect. I was so engulfed in my art that I didn't notice the boy leaning in the door frame, watching as I tilted my head to the side in an attempt at a better perspective of the drawing.
I smiled shortly at it and put my sketch book down, along with my pencil.

"Hey babe, what's going on?" The boy said, smirking his usual Trashmouth smirk.
"A lot of things" I said, smiling cheekily.
"What's got you so happy?" He said, sitting down next to me on my bed and playing with my hair, which was spread  around my shoulders. I grinned and sighed dreamily, grabbing the drawing of the cute puppy, sitting with her head tilted. "This puppy, is mine! My dad has gone to get her right now!" I exclaimed over-excitedly.
"Seriously?! That's amazing!" Richie said happily as he attempted to braid my hair. I laughed at his attempt of a braid, and continued,
"I don't know what to name her though, she's mine, considering Conrad wouldn't care about her and would forget to feed her. So help me with names!!!!" I demanded playfully, kicking my feet in exaggeration.
"She's gonna look dangerous when she's older, so something fierce" I said, grabbing my art book to use the back of  the page I had drawn the puppy on, as a page for the name ideas as well.
We threw around different names, Richie suggested shot all with a shotgun. I like it, really I do. But not for the dog. Then Richie came up with something perfect.
"YES!" I shouted. "ITS PERFECT!" I was so excited to meet her. I can't wait.
"Your telling me, your gonna name your dog, massacre?" He said in disbelief.
"Yes! I always wanted to name my dog that but I always thought everyone would think its stupid!" I said, frowning.
"Okay, it is a cool name anyway" he stated, shrugging casually.
"And her nickname can be Macie or mace" I suggested, smiling
Richie smiled back and agreed.
So we had found a name for her. Just in time too, because not long after, I heard the door opening and I jumped out of my place on my bed and grabbed Richie by the wrist, running down the stairs and towards the entrance to my house, we stopped just around the corner and I peeked out to see the kennel and a bad of dog supplies, plus a bag of food that didn't fit in the other bag. I grinned from ear to ear and whined excitedly.
"Okay, be calm Richie we don't want to scare her" I stated, putting my hand on his shoulder absent mindedly.
"Sure thing toots" he smirked, I threw him a glare over my shoulder. Even his comments and nicknames for me couldn't ruin my mood today. I mean, I more or less just pretend to hate his nicknames so people won't know that I....have...stirrings, for Richie Tozier. No that does not mean feelings, because feelings are when your sure of that emotion towards someone. I have stirrings which means...shit no, no, if have feelings. I have feelings for Richie. I need to stop denying it. While I was zoned out half thinking about the puppy and half thinking about Richie, Richie had been staring at me, this whole time. But with a smirk. Of course.
"Heeyyyy, sweet cheeks?" He said, raising one brow at me, and chuckling at me brush him off. I pushed him aside and walked towards the kennel lying on the ground, I looked at my dad who was grabbing the bag of food and the bag of other supplies. He nodded at me, smiling. I just beamed back and walked a little faster, I reached the kennel which was side ways, so I slowly turned it, careful not to disturb or startle it. Now the little door on the front was facing me, the inside had a little dog toy in the front, and a blanket underneath. I didn't even wait a moment after turning the kennel to see a cute little snout press against the cage door. I smiled even wider, (if that was humanly possible) and looked at its dashing blue eyes, they were beautiful. The colour was almost a faint blue-grey and her fur was darker around her snout than anywhere else on her, I looked at her paws. Oversized and just the most adorable thing.
I'm sorry I love oversized paws on puppy's.
I opened the cage door and reached for the puppy gently, I placed her in my lap, to which my legs were folded and sitting criss cross n the mat on the floor.
I stroked her dark caramel coat softly and looked at Richie, who was leaning in the doorway with my camera, taking pictures. "Hey can I have these?" He questions as he holds up the pictures taken.
I sigh and nod, beckoning him over to me. I move myself backward a tiny bit so that my back was against the wall as he came and sat down beside me, sitting criss cross as well.
I smiled at him, to which he smiled a genuine smile back at me.
A moment later I blinked and looked away, realizing we were staring at each other.
Richie cleared his throat softly and took his glasses off, cleaning them with his shirt, be that I looked at his face without the glasses, I saw each of his freckles clearer, his nose and cheeks that I already knew were covered in them, were clearer to the eye when his glasses are off. And his chocolate brown eyes, they looked so much prettier without the glare of his glasses constantly making his eyes darker to look almost black. Not quite, but almost. They were slightly lighter without the glasses, making his features seem more, gentle? I guess?
But he did look quite good without those thick rimmed, huge, adorable glasses that just made him look super cute. He looked up at me, catching me staring. The light illuminating his face through the window.
I couldn't help but stare a little, he looked so different without his glasses.
"Your staring sweets" he stated, holding his glasses in his hand as he looked at me.
"Sorry, you just look different without your glasses. And it's cute when you clean them" I reply, taking in his features fully. I look down to avoid eye contact.
"Cute huh?" He teased, smirking his ass off.
I decided I would just....boost his ego, let's say.
I ruffled his hair, and to my surprise his curls were soft and I was more than tempted to ask what shampoo he was using. Honest to god they were softer than Massacres fur.
"I actually think it's adorable, you know, how your just focusing on making the lens perfectly clean. You looked super duper cute!" I exclaimed making my tone of voice sound honest and dreamy, my eyes still looking at the puppy in my lap.
Oh my god. After I spoke his cheeks went a bright scarlet and stopped looking at my face. Instead he focused his attention on the puppy too, petting her and letting her nibble on his index finger.
I placed Massacre in his lap and lowkey batted my eyes, not really, but sort of.
It was hardly noticeable, which was why it made him blush even brighter.
Holy shit.
What am I doing? Being an asshole to him? Definitely.