22

"what are you doing for Halloween?" I question, playing with the phone chord happily..

"I don't know, probably something stupid" Richie tells me, his voice slightly echoing through the phone..

"Awesome, I'm going as Veronica Sawyer!" I almost yell. I'm just so excited for Halloween. "Beverly is going as Claire, from the breakfast club" I inform him, not sure why.

"See?! Like I said. Molly Ringwald!" Richie says, as though it's a proven fact.

"Oh, yeah, Molly Ringwald played her? Right." I say to myself, more than I am speaking to Richie.

"yeah, but it was a super good movie." he inquires absent mindedly.

"I know, and so was Heather's, which is why I'm going as Veronica!" I yell happy, squealing with excitement.

"Yeah, Yeah, I didn't watch it, it seemed boring" I sense that shrug. Hell no. He did not just say Heather's is boring.

"RICHIE TOZIER TELL ME YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT HEATHERS IS BORING!!!!" I scream into the receiver, earning an annoyed 'what, who said Heathers is boring?' from Beverly, who is sitting at the kitchen table.

"RICHIE JUST SAID HEATHER'S IS BORING" I tell her angrily.

"Shit, now both of you are mad at me, but I don't wanna see a stupid romance movie" he says, sounding obvious.

"R I C H I E ! ! ! HEATHERS IS NOT ABOUT ROMANCE" beverly shrieks in annoyance and anger. this causes me to laugh slightly and listen to Richie's reply.

"He says, Heather's is totally a romance." I continue to laugh as she has a spas attack at the table. "hey, Richie?" I ask through a half giggle.

"Ugh, what?" he sighs clearly.

"Heather's is barely a romance than what you would expect. It's about Veronica Sawyer, Jason Dean, and Heather Duke, Macnamara, and Chandler, and Jason Dean and Veronica kill Heather Chandler and JD tries blowing up the school but fails, and blows himself up to save Veronica from blowing herself up, but really it's not all that romantic. Also, they kill Ram and what's his face. Sorry I don't remember his name" I explain, waiting for his response.

"Okay?  So, it's not a romance?" He questions unsurely.

"No!" I shout.

"Okay, when can we watch it together?" He asks, causing me to smile happily.

"Now! Get your ass over here!" I exclaim, jumping up and down.

"Okay, shit, I'm coming. Holy fuck." he swears, then gives me a quick goodbye and says he'll be here in ten. This news makes me smile even more, and hang up the phone. Beverly gets the movie ready, cause we have it on DVD. (I googled it, DVD's were in the eighties, they were just way thicker). I prepare Popcorn, Chips, and Drinks. I give a faint smile as I hear a light knock on the front door.                                                                                                                                                                          I run to the door, only to be greeted with a tight bear hug. A moment later I pull away and am met with his lips being placed sweetly on mine. I place my hand on his cheek and let the other rest at my side.                                                                                                                                                                        Richie's hands are place firmly on my waist, as he smiles into the gentle kiss.                                           I give a small smile in return and pull away, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the living room.

"Oh, I smell popcorn!" He says excitedly, taking a seat on the couch beside me.

"Yeah. It's almost ready!" Bev calls from the kitchen.                                                                                            Bev told me to go open the door for my 'boyfriend' which is true. we're dating. But I just can't get used to the label of boyfriend and girlfriend. But I did as told (not without a glare of course) and opened the door for him. Now the three of us are sitting on the couch, as the movie starts.

"God Veronica, Drool much?" I mouth, right when heather does. I pretty much know the entire script off by heart. 

yadayadayada. oh! I love it when JD says this............."Greetings and Salutations!" Bev and I say at the same time as we laugh happily. Earning a small chuckle from Richie too.              Richie looks at me, continuing to smile as I put a handful of popcorn in my mouth, Grinning. 
I look back at the screen as the movie continues. Beverly and I giving an entire commentary on the movie. Oh I love this movie. And here we are.
The end.
Right when stands outside westerberg high and blows himself up.
What a good movie.
Bev and I cheer add the explosion goes off and laugh while Richie sits in shock from the entire movie.
"You...were not kidding when you told me this movie was not really a really a romance"
I giggle slightly "Yeah, but it's a great movie"
He shrugs "yeah it was pretty good"
Bev gasps in realization before letting out a small scream "YOU CAN GO AS VERONICA AND JD" She shouts suggestively as she waves her arms in the air.
"YESSSSSS" I shout grabbing Richies arm and giving puppy dog eyes.
"Suuurrrreeee" he says, sighing and grabbing a handful of popcorn.
"YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY" Beverly and I yell happily.
He chuckles and continues to grab more popcorn from the almost empty bowl.
"I'm so excited! And I already have my costume. We just have to get yours!" I tell him, not letting go of his arm.
He sighs one more time and glances back at me.
"Okay, can we play strip croquet like they did?" He asks, smirking all the while.
"No! But we can get can get candy and then come back here and trade it!"
He smiles. "Fine. That's just as good too"
And a few minutes later, we've headed out to get his costume.