Chapter 8-Snotty

Chapter 8-Snotty

Y/N's POV:

  Everyone was avoiding Harry's eyes as the first class at Divination finished, even Ron was actually avoiding him. I didn't let what Professor Trelawney said affect me from what I see in Harry, and it was all just full of rubbish. We walked down at the long stairs from the North Tower towards Professor McGonagall's classroom for our next class which is Transfiguration.

  On the way to Transfiguration I kept on telling Harry that none of it was true and that Professor Trelawney just likes to start first classes with a bit of mystery, but he wasn't responding to any of that.

  When we got to the classroom, I immediately noticed that Harry purposely sat down at the very back of the class I know that he just wants tp avoid eye contact from other students. Hermione sat down beside me, but before she could even meet the chair someone grabbed her arm and sat her down next to Ron. The seat beside me shuffled as I looked up and saw Draco, again, to annoy me.

  "That's Hermione's seat," I told him, making himself comfortable at his seat that was supposedly Hermione's.

  "Not anymore," he said. "Finders keepers, losers sucks."

  I rolled my eyes at his comment, he chuckled and smirked at me whiles I tried my best ignored him throughout the class. Professor McGonagall was talking about Animagi (wizards who could turn into animals at will), I find it very interesting and of course, Professor McGonagall was the perfect teacher for this topic because she, herself, is an Animagi. She turned into a tabby cat, usually I could hear some applause from the class whenever she transform, but today everyone was so quiet that it makes my ears ring.

  "Really, what has got into you all today?" said Professor McGonagall, looking around at us. "Not that it matters, but that's the first time my transformation's not got applause from a class."

  Everybody's heads turned toward Harry again, but nobody spoke. Then Hermione raised her hand.

  "Please, Professor, we've just had our first Divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and -"

  "Ah, of course," said Professor McGonagall, she seemed to know what has already happened at our first class. "There is no need to say any more, Miss Granger. Tell me, which of you will be dying this year?"

  Everyone stared at her in shock, excet for me.

  "Harry," I said flatly.

  "I see," begun Professor McGonagall. "Then you should know, Potter, that Sibyll Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school. None of them has died yet. Seeing death omens is her favorite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues -" she broke off, she sounded so calm to all of this and seemed like this is just a "normal" situation every year. "Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of magic. I shall not conceal from you that I have very little patience with it. True Seers are very rare, and Professor Trelawney..."

  She stopped again, and then said, in a very matter-of-fact tone, "You look in excellent health to me, Potter, so you will excuse me if I don't let you off homework today. I assure you that if you die, you need not hand it in."

  I laughed at this, as I heard Hermione laugh as well. I know that Harry will feel better because of what Professor McGonagall had said. I looked back at him and mouthed, "I told you," then turn my head back to the front.

  Not all students was convinced with this statement, others was still bothered with what Professor Trelawney had said about Harry, including Ron.