Chapter 11-Grim Defeat

Y/n's POV:

Students from each house in Hogwarts was sent to the Great Hall ten minutes later after the Gryffindors and I got there, students looked around with confused expressions plastered on their faces. They were muttering to each other what was going on and what was about to happen.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy and the other Head Boy and Girl. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."

He pulled out his wand and with one wave of it the four long tables, then went flying at the edges of the Great Hall, stood by themselves. And with a another wave of his wand the floor was almost covered in squashy purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.

Students then started getting to their own sleeping bags excitedly, whiles some Gryffindors started telling other students what had happened earlier.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"C'mon," said Ron to the three of us, the three of us started dragging our own sleeping bags at one corner.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispered anxiously.

"Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be," said Ron.

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know," said Hermione, as we slid down on our sleeping bags full dressed and popping out our elbows to talk. "The one night we weren't in the tower..."

"I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run," said Ron. "Didn't realize it was Halloween. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here."

"What if he's after someone here?" I asked looking up at the ceiling, that was enchanted in a night sky with thousands or even millions of stars.

"He would be after Harr-"

"No, what if he's after someone? What if someone that is just related to Harry? Or even one of you two?" I pointed at Ron and Hermione.

"Why on the three of us? What about you?" asked Ron, who was looking quite anxious.

"If he's after something that is related to me, he would have gone to the Slytherin common room," I told him logically.

Everyone around us was just asking the same thing. "How did he get in?"

"Maybe he knows how to Apparate," said a Ravenclaw a few feet away, "Just appear out of thin air, you know."

"Disguised himself, probably," said a Hufflepuff fifth year.

"He could've flown in," suggested Dean Thomas.

I frown, before saying, "Honestly, has any of you red Hogwarts, A History?"

"No," said Ron, shaking his head. Whiles I saw Hermione roll her eyes at the corner of my eyes.

"Because the castle's protected by more than walls, you know," I said. "There are all sorts of enchantments on it, to stop people entering by stealth. You can't just Apparate in here. And I'd like to see the disguise that could fool those Dementors. They're guarding every single entrance to the grounds. They'd have seen him fly in too. And Filch knows all the secret passages, they'll have them covered..."