Chapter 22-The Traitor

Quick A/N!

Hey guys, quick question!

At Fourth Year there will be a Quidditch World Cup, right? I was double thinking if Y/N will go with the Malfoys or with the Weasleys? You guys choose.

Also long chapter ahead.

~Sophia

Chapter 22-The Traitor

Y/N POV:

"Severus!"

Hermione screamed as well. Black leapt to his feet, as I felt a shock like electric across my body.

"I found this at the base of the Whomping Willow," said Severus, putting the Invisibility Cloak aside, carefully keeping his wand pointing at Professor Lupin's chest. "Very useful, Potter, I thank you..."

I felt chills down my spine as I remembered that I have stolen the Invisibility Cloak from Severus before we got to Hagrid's cabin.

Severus' eyes then flickered to where I was sat down at as I saw his eyes traveled to my bleeding knee whiles I saw him point his wand to Professor Lupin's chest deeper.

"What did you do to Y/N?" asked Severus, glaring at Professor Lupin.

"I got into an accident," I immediately said to him, as he looked back at me and he looked at me in the eyes. He was using his Legilimens as I let him read my mind.

When I let him, he looked back at Professor Lupin.

"You're wondering, perhaps, how I knew you were here?" he asked, his eyes glittering. "I've just been to your office, Lupin. You forgot to take your potion tonight, so I took a gobletful along. And very lucky I did... lucky for me, I mean. Lying on your desk was
a certain map. One glance at it told me all I needed to know. I saw you running along this passageway and out of sight."

"Severus -" Professor Lupin begun, but was instantly cut off by Severus.

"I've told the headmaster again and again that you're helping your old friend Black into the castle, Lupin, and here's the proof. Not even I dreamed you would have the nerve to use this old place as your hideout -"

"Severus, you’re making a mistake," said Professor Lupin urgently. "You haven't heard everything - I can explain - Sirius is not here to kill Harry -"

"Two more for Azkaban tonight," said Severus, not paying attention to what Professor Lupin was saying. "I shall be interested to see how Dumbledore
takes this.... He was quite convinced you were harmless, you know, Lupin... a tame werewolf -"

"You fool," said Professor Lupin softly. "Is a schoolboy grudge worth
putting an innocent man back inside Azkaban?"

BANG!

A thin, snakelike cords burst from the tip of Severus' wand and twisted themselves around Professor Lupin's mouth, wrists, and ankles. He fell to the ground because of over balanced, and was unable to move. With a roar of rage and anger, Black started towards Severus, but within a second Severus pointed his wand towards Black's eyes.

"Give me a reason," he whispered, in a warning voice. "Give me a reason to do it, and I swear I will."

Black stopped dead on his tracks, it was impossible to say who has the more hatred on each others face.

I was just sat down, paralyzed, not knowing whom to believe. If all of it as true, then why didn't Severus told me? Oh, I know why. Professor Lupin mentioned that Professor Dumbledore asked Severus to not say to anyone about all of this, and he kept his word to him. Like he always did, and always will. I looked over at Harry and to Ron as I saw the two of them looked confused as i do, as Ron still struggled to keep Scabbers in his grip. I then looked over at Hermione who was beside me, as she stepped a little closer to Severus and said, "Professor Snape - it - it wouldn’t hurt to hear what they’ve got to say, w-would it?"