A Favor

Chapter 12- A favor.

    “You sure you are fine enough to walk ?” Kuriyama Sensei asked. I stood from my bed and stabilized myself.

    “I’m just going to Yukina’s room. Don’t worry .” I nodded to her. She smiled bitterly.

    Yesterday, I passed out at the stairs, Chiharu found me. Was hospitalized for about one whole night. And the conversations I heard before I woke up, wasn’t a dream after all.

    I knocked on the door four times. “Nee-chan ?” I heard Yukina’s voice. I entered her room with a smile.

    “How’s your leg ?” I asked and sat on the chair beside her bed.

    She shook her head. “I want to go home .”

    I patted her head. “We will. Shortly after you recovered .”

    “But I can walk already !!” she said angrily then jumped out of bed before I could stop her.

    “Yukina !”

    It’s a surprise that she could run with that injured leg and I was almost no match for her.

    “Ah !” she winced and almost fell to the floor if the door hadn’t been opened and Akashi didn’t caught her in time. He then lifted her up.

    “What are you doing out of bed ?” he asked, patting her back and gave me a questioning look on his face. I shook my head. He went to put Yukina on the bed but she clutched his shirt tight.

    “I want to go home .” Yukina said.

    “If you wait just a bit longer then you’ll stay home forever but if you refuse and want to go home now, then you’ll have no choice but to come here often. Which do you want ?” Akashi replied.

    She eventually released her hands and sat on the bed with a sad look on her face. “But yesterday nee-chan wasn’t here .” she commented.

    At that, Akashi turned to me immediately. I looked away. “Th-that’s because you were asleep and didn’t know I was here .” I quickly said. Yukina pouted. Akashi frowned.

    “Is Reo-nii and others coming today ?” Yukina asked.

    “They have school tomorrow and they are very busy. Well, you could say nii-chan is generous enough to visit you here .” I said.

    Yukina grinned at him and he pinched her nose.

*  *  *  *

    Yukina is asleep, it’s 11.00pm. I was sitting on the chair next to her. Kuriyama Sensei came in and sat on the other side of the bed. “What are you thinking ?” she asked.

    I shook my head. “How long do I have again ?”

    She sighed. “I don’t like talking about that you know .”

    “I just want to know .”

    “I don’t know exactly. And I won’t tell you. Just live on .”

    I leaned my elbows on my knees and put my head in my hand. “This isn’t getting any better. I get sicker and sicker I think I could die any moment .”

    “I’ll be sure to take care of you. Have you called your Mom ?” she asked.

    “No, I haven’t. I don’t want her to worry .”

    “You should tell her .”

    “I don’t want to. Let them know that they should only come here during my funeral .”