Faith

Chapter 25- Faith.

    “Sei-chan you need to calm down!” Reo said.

    Akashi remained silent. His breathing was increasing rapidly. His mind is wandering here and there. He couldn’t think straight. He shut his eyes.

She’s almost.... there. If you know what I mean.

    Kuriyama’s voice echoed countlessly in his head. With Kagami’s current in-front-of-the-door zone and Kuroko’s Quasi Emperor Eye which much to his surprise, almost surpassed his Emperor Eye, he couldn’t accept the fact that he’s on the verge of losing. No one had surpassed him before. He was never to lose before.

-2 Days Ago-

    Reo, Akashi (why am I calling everyone with their first name but not Akashi?), Eikichi, Kotarou and Chihiro were having dinner downstairs with Yukina in the guest house. Things were completely normal, they were ready for their match with Seirin next two days. Everyone didn’t thought Seirin would manage to defeat Touou, Yosen and Kaijou.

    “Yukina, where is your sister? She’s being late. We’re almost finished eating.” Akashi spoke as he realized that somene’s missing.

    Yukina put down her spoon. “I’ll go call her. Maybe she’s fantasizing.”

    Akashi nodded and Yukina ran upstairs calling her sister.

    “Yukina’s really cute, ne?” Reo spoke.

    “Yeah. She’s very kind too.” Eikichi added.

    “Yeah. Very. She threw eggs at me during our stay at Akashi’s villa the other day!” Kotarou complained.

    “She helped me wash the dishes during our stay at the training camp.” Chihiro said.

    “Why’s she kind to everyone else and not to me?!” Kotarou pouted. Reo and Eikichi laughed.

    “Cause you’re being such an ass.” Chihiro answered.

    Suddenly they heard a scream from upstairs and fell silent, glancing at each other.

    “Yukina!” Reo gasped but Akashi was already sprinting upstairs. Reo, Eikichi, Kotarou and Chihiro followed him. They found Yukina and Seikina in their room. Yukina was crouching beside her sister.

    “Nee-chan!” Yukina shook her sister who was unconscious on the floor and blood was seen rushing out of her nose and mouth. Akashi cursed then called an ambulance.

    “Seiki-chan!” Reo knelt down beside her and shook her body.

    Akashi stared at the lying figure and winced. Is it time yet? Please no. He had called an ambulance, his private doctor and also Kuriyama Sumire. He was hoping for the best.

    Hours later, Kuriyama Sensei arrived with a very worried expression on her face. Akashi’s private doctor, Yamamoto Yuuhei, happened to be Kuriyama’s ex-partner. Seikina was sent to the nearby hospital immediately after the ambulance arrived and Yamamoto volunteered to treat her.

    Yamamoto and Kuriyama agreed to create the antidote together. Seikina is in coma. Yukina hid herself in her room. Seikina’s parents went silent. Those guys were buried in grief. However, no matter what happens, the match will still continue. Despite the fact that Seikina’s gone into comma, they believed she’d wake up and be happy if they wins.

~End of Flashback~

    Before the match, Akashi got a call from Yamamoto, saying that her condition is now stable. Even so, Rakuzan is facing difficulties with Seirin. They didn’t thought Seirin would get so far. Seirin managed to achieve 90 while Rakuzan maintained 92.