I'm Alive

Chapter 28- I’m Alive.

    Akashi Seijuurou stared at the frame on the bedside table, a picture of a beautiful woman with red hair, smiling. It’s as if she’s smiling at him from the picture. He smiled back and remembered her sweet scent, her sweet smile, her everything, she was the one who had helped him going through all of this. Even though she died, it’s like she was beside him all these while, guiding him silently. Crying won’t bring her back, so he gladly accepted the fact that his beloved beautiful woman which is his mother had died because of an illness.

Illness.

Disease.

Sickness.

    Those words brought back unpleasant memories. Why? Why does every woman he met must go before him? Why must he be the one who suffers and mourns? If only he could swap souls with Seikina, then maybe, just maybe, he could feel better, Seikina could stop suffering, could stop crying and thinking about her death.

    “You will live.” That’s what he told her each and every time because he don’t want to believe that she will leave. He don’t want to believe that she would go to where his mother is. He don’t want to believe she will leave him helpless, clueless like how his mother did. He regretted. Why couldn’t he meet Seikina earlier? Why?

This feeling, this sickening feeling where he knew she would go anyway, where he knew he won’t be living with her hurts too much. Too much even for his steel heart, too much for him to carry it.

Cry? Will it make him better?

Will crying cure her?

For the first time, this absolute redhead was defeated by his own feelings, by this extremely cruel fate where even his protest won’t work.

This is destiny.

*  *  *  *

    Kuriyama Sumire screamed when the mixture dissolved and formed a green, yellowish liquid. “This is it! This is it! This is the complete antidote!” she yelled.

    Yamamoto watched her from behind and chuckled. “I’m glad you managed that, Sumire. But I received reports that the girl Seikina, can no longer walk. Why is that?”

    She turned to her partner and sighed. “When I did some x-ray or any tests, her legs are okay. But it’s not functioning. I don’t know what went wrong. Did you check it?”

    He shook his head. “Am going to after this. You sort out that antidote first then we can take her for the operations.”

    “Thank you for helping me, Yuuhei.”

    “Don’t mention it.”

*  *  *  *

Seikina.

Yukina pouted and looked at me. I pouted back at her then smiled and ruffled her hair. “What did I do wrong?” she asked. 30 minutes ago, she barged into my ward and asked what’s wrong with me. I answered her, saying that she did a bad thing and I got a little sick. And she’s been wondering what she did wrong since 30 minutes ago. No, it’s just too heartbreaking to tell her.

    Suddenly the door opened. We turned to the door and Yukina jumped happily then purposely collided into Seijuurou. He lifted her up and entered. Reo and Kotarou were there. Chihiro, Chiharu and Eikichi couldn’t come because they were stuck in detention for being late to class. They settled themselves on the chairs provided. Yukina is on Seijuurou’s lap, as usual.

    “How are you feeling Seiki-chan ?” Reo asked.

    “Fine as ever.” I answered.