His Girl

Description:

"I'm scared," she whispers tearfully, clutching my shirtsleeve in both her tiny, trembling hands. She looks up at me those big, terrified brown eyes and I nearly come undone.

Desperately needing to see her bright, happy smile once more. I send her a warm, reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Princess. You'll be perfectly safe with me."

With her lower lip trembling, she nods and worriedly glances behind her where we entered the alley. "But what if they find us?"

My heart clenches at the thought of her going back to that hell hole and my fist clenches at the thought of them laying a finger on her. "They won't, I won't let them." I will die before they touch her.

Silence falls like a blanket over us, the only sounds around us are the dripping of water in the pipes and our own breaths.

Suddenly, men's voices break the silence and my heart starts beating ten times faster. My gaze slides to her panicked expression  and I grit my teeth as a sudden wave of anger washes over me.

This is all their fault.

Pressing a calloused finger to her soft trembling lips, I quickly usher her into an abandoned shack and softly close the door behind me.

■■■

Grayson Steel had been in and out of foster homes for as long as he could remember, occasionally in the random orphanage. He suffered from Abandonment and depression, his only relief was boxing.

Until one day.

She had to be the tiniest sixteen - year-old he had ever seen, and by far the most adorable. Immediately he was drawn to her, taking the skittish little thing under his wing.

Soon, his attachment strengthened into something different, his protectiveness  expanding into uncharted territories. They became inseparable, depending on no one but themselves.

But his eighteenth birthday was drawing nearer.

What used to be the day he looked forward to became dreaded in his mind.

He would have to leave her.

However, after a horrific occurance, leaving her there without him was no option.

She was coming with him

By sundrop18