five

RE .  PEA .  TED  D ETA ILSCH ARAC TERSW HO MAK EIMP ORTAN TSTA TE MEN T SCHARACT ERS WH OB E HAVEI N UNUS UALW AYS.

·

during the walk home, namjoon stayed quiet, much to jimin and hoseok's surprise. taehyung hummed as the four of them walked along as a terribly awkward silence enveloped them. namjoon sighed, feeling bad for his friends that simply wanted to talk about their days.

"taehyung, are yoongi and jeongguk..." he trailed off, trying to organize his thoughts. "what happened today in the literature club with yoongi and jeongguk―is it usually like that?" 

jimin's eyebrows raised. namjoon had never seen hoseok look more confused. with a sigh, taehyung shook his head slowly. "no, of course not. that's the first time i've seen them argue like that. i promise you that they're wonderful people. honest. you don't hate them, do you?"

"i don't hate them. i just wanted your opinion, that's all." namjoon smiled at his friend. "i can see why they'd make good friends with you."

taehyung let out a breath as if he had been holding it in suspense. "you know, namjoon, it's nice that i get to spend time with you in the club. but i think seeing you get along with everyone is what makes me the happiest. and i think everyone reallys like you, too!" taehyung giggled, stopping as he approached his house. "every day is going to be so much fun!" 

namjoon sighed. taehyung still hadn't caught on to the kind of situation he was in, but jimin and hoseok sure had. sure, being friends with everyone is nice, but does it really need stop there? "we'll just have to see what the future holds, taehyung." 

he gently pats taehyung on the shoulder as jimin hugs the younger goodbye. namjoon said that more to himself than the others, but it's easy to use the three boys as an internal monologue sometimes. "okay! bye, guys!"

yeah, namjoon thought. let's do this!

·

as namjoon begins to enter his house, a hand wraps around his elbow. hoseok had grabbed onto him, dragging him back so that he was facing his friend. "namjoon, i'm just taking a guess here but...you know how you were talking about members you were thinking about pursuing? are you trying to get somewhere with taehyung?"

namjoon pulled his arm away from the older's grasp. "i don't know, sort of. is there a problem with that?"

"no! i can't control your feelings or whatever," hoseok explained, frantically shaking his head. "but i want you to be careful. you and taehyung have been friends since you were guys were little kids, and you basically grew up together, but that doesn't mean you know everything about him. there's probably something more to him that you just don't know about yet, and both of you could end up getting hurt in the end."

"hoseok, you're a great friend, but you're acting a bit weird about this. so is jimin. there's nothing wrong with taehyung and there's nothing wrong with the literature club. it's a perfectly normal place for people to enjoy reading after school. don't be dramatic," namjoon says with a sigh, opening his front door.

"i'm sorry, i'm just trying to help." hoseok took a few steps back. "goodnight."

"goodnight, hoseok."

·

Ԩ͡    Í'ØÔˆ˜.