eleven

.-- .... . -. / - .... . / .--. .. .- -. --- / .--. .-.. .- -.-- ... --..-- / .... . .----. ... / .-- .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

·

it's sunday.

over the course of friday night and saturday, namjoon has grown increasingly anxious over jeongguk's visit. jimin and hoseok kept telling him that there was no reason to be so nervous, but it didn't help much. namjoon starts to wonder if he'll act any different when it's just the two of them, decorating cupcakes, with nothing but time. 

the raven-haired boy had been texting namjoon a lot, their texts to make sure namjoon had the right number turning into a conversation, jeongguk becoming a completely different person using tons of emoji and cute language. the boy also really liked complaining about his 'papa', but namjoon couldn't say he didn't see that one coming.

putting jeongguk aside, he hadn't heard a thing from taehyung since the boy had left the club early the other day. they never text a lot in the first place, but namjoon was still worried about his younger friend in the back of his mind. 

between what taehyung and seokjin said, is it really okay for me to put aside taehyung's feelings when he might need me?

·

namjoon decides to visit taehyung before jeongguk comes over; the streets are strangely quiet. once he reaches the front door, he knocks on the door, but proceeds to enter before anyone can answer. they used to play so often that they've made it a habit of entering each other's houses like they were family, their parents slowly becoming accustomed to it as well. 

the house is quiet also, and taehyung isn't anywhere on the first floor, so namjoon makes his way up to the boy's room. it's already strange of him not to run down and greet him. he heads up the bedroom where he finally finds the blond. 

"taehyung?" he calls out. 

"hi, namjoon." namjoon sits down in the office chair. taehyung forces a smile, but it's easy to tell that he's different. there's a minute of silence. "you haven't come over like this in a long time, huh?" 

namjoon nods, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. "yeah. yeah, i guess you're right. it really has been a long time, although not much is different, is it?"

he's right—taehyung's room is as messy as it's always been, the same stuffed animals and wall decorations that he's had for years now. taehyung seemed to notice namjoon looking around the room. "if you came over more often, it wouldn't be such a mess." 

"that's because i end up cleaning it for you," namjoon says, taking in a deep breath.

"how come you suddenly wanted to come over today?" taehyung asks, sitting on the edge of his bed. "aren't you supposed to see jeongguk today?"